Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Where in CA are RV Tires Sold???
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Where in CA are RV Tires Sold???
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi - we are currently near Barstow CA and heading for Lompoc CA - and we want to purchase at least two tires - 225/70R 19.5 - however, using the search engines has produced no leads on retailers - Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Linda & Dave
89 Barth Royale
On our first Excellent Adventure!

Posts: 75 | Location: Ontario CANADA | Member Since: 09-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
When I bought my tires, I used this site to find a dealer.

http://www.goodyeardealers.com/truck/

HTH

------------------

89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
Also recommend Goodyear and truck tire dealers are often the most knowledgeable regarding load range, etc....Good luck, Linda!

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We finally found a local dealer who recommended Double Coin (manufactured by China Tire) tires - because he said since RV tires will not likely be worn out, he suggested these as they are cheaper and would be changed long before the tread would wear out - $371. installed for a pair - compared to $530 installed for goodyear and $500 for Bridgestone - so I think we will wait - tried to find the comparable tire in a store in Canada but couldn't - so I am going to look down near Lompoc when we get there. It is so hard to know where to go to get the RV tires - the internet is not conducive to finding dealers as I keep getting articles and dealers who stock only the Class C smaller tires.
I got the above prices on the Bridgestone and Goodyear, but they are not stock tires and would take a week or so to special order and we will be gone from this area by then.

Thanks
Linda

Posts: 75 | Location: Ontario CANADA | Member Since: 09-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
I paid $157 each for my Cooper 8R 19.5 tires that are hecho in the old USA. I bought them about a year ago, couldn't afford another set of Bridgestones.

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a few components/systems on our motorhomes where price consideration is secondary to safety. Stearing, brakes, and TIRES are primary among those. I am suspicious when I see an exceptionally low price and/or when I see "Made in China". Usually after careful study you will find the reason for the low price. In tires it is often in the load rating. With heavy coaches like ours, "E" rated tires are a must in my books.

------------------
Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' 454

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I ditto Grizzly don't skimp on the tires

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We agree with the safety issue - so we opted for the Bridgestones and are sure we didn't miss much on the Double Coins - We finally found a small shop who luckily had two in stock.
Thanks for the input