Barthmobile Portal
Where in CA are RV Tires Sold???

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/6861048061

02-02-2004, 01:44 AM
Linda
Where in CA are RV Tires Sold???
Hi - we are currently near Barstow CA and heading for Lompoc CA - and we want to purchase at least two tires - 225/70R 19.5 - however, using the search engines has produced no leads on retailers - Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Linda & Dave
89 Barth Royale
On our first Excellent Adventure!
02-02-2004, 07:28 AM
Jack
When I bought my tires, I used this site to find a dealer.

http://www.goodyeardealers.com/truck/

HTH

------------------

89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire
02-02-2004, 08:19 AM
GaryG
Also recommend Goodyear and truck tire dealers are often the most knowledgeable regarding load range, etc....Good luck, Linda!
02-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Linda
We finally found a local dealer who recommended Double Coin (manufactured by China Tire) tires - because he said since RV tires will not likely be worn out, he suggested these as they are cheaper and would be changed long before the tread would wear out - $371. installed for a pair - compared to $530 installed for goodyear and $500 for Bridgestone - so I think we will wait - tried to find the comparable tire in a store in Canada but couldn't - so I am going to look down near Lompoc when we get there. It is so hard to know where to go to get the RV tires - the internet is not conducive to finding dealers as I keep getting articles and dealers who stock only the Class C smaller tires.
I got the above prices on the Bridgestone and Goodyear, but they are not stock tires and would take a week or so to special order and we will be gone from this area by then.

Thanks
Linda
02-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Ed Chevalier
I paid $157 each for my Cooper 8R 19.5 tires that are hecho in the old USA. I bought them about a year ago, couldn't afford another set of Bridgestones.
02-03-2004, 02:23 PM
Grizzlygiant
There are a few components/systems on our motorhomes where price consideration is secondary to safety. Stearing, brakes, and TIRES are primary among those. I am suspicious when I see an exceptionally low price and/or when I see "Made in China". Usually after careful study you will find the reason for the low price. In tires it is often in the load rating. With heavy coaches like ours, "E" rated tires are a must in my books.

------------------
Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' 454
02-03-2004, 02:50 PM
davebowers
I ditto Grizzly don't skimp on the tires

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers
02-03-2004, 10:59 PM
Linda
We agree with the safety issue - so we opted for the Bridgestones and are sure we didn't miss much on the Double Coins - We finally found a small shop who luckily had two in stock.
Thanks for the input