Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    8.2 Detroit Repair or Replace Urgent!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

8.2 Detroit Repair or Replace Urgent!
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
Hi Steve, I now own the barth from peroia il. discussed in one of the previous posts above. The gentleman that had all the work done changing the engine has offered his advice on the cat swap. If you have any intrest Check your email and give me call and i will give you his phone number. I think his research on transmissons and rear ends may be of intrest.

Posts: 15 | Location: Godfrey, IL, US | Member Since: 07-27-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
? Why so much to rebuild heads on the Detroit
it a easy Job you can even do it yourself.i would go with the rebuild. did a valve go or somthing what wrong with the Heads leaks or did it throw valve? you can also by rebuilt heads.

Posts: 4 | Location: Palmer,MA | Member Since: 08-27-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The engine has to be removed from the coach, therefore about 75% of the cost is labor. Since I am disabled, I physically can not do the work. Even if I could, I do not have the specialized tools necessary to r&r the injector tubes. The actual cost of rebuilding the heads is less than purchasing rebuilt heads. I believe my previous post explains why I chose not to go with rebuilding the Detroit.
Thanks,
Steve

Posts: 23 | Location: clinton, MI, lenawee | Member Since: 01-02-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post