Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    This is cool
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

This is cool
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
We bought our Barthmobile 3.5 years ago. The first batteries lasted about 4 months, I bought 3 new series 76 at Batteries plus and two of them died soon after. I went back and they happily gave me new ones. These are sealed batteries. So that was almost 3 years and 3 winters ago. I keep the Barth plugged in year around, until something happened with the recepticle I had my electrician put in on the out side of the garage and it was unplugged all through that -25 deg weather we have had in the last two weeks.

I went out and the step wouldn't even open and when I pushed the battery indicator button I didn't even get yellow or red.

So I stretched the cord through a window and plugged it in, inside the garage. This was about a week ago. Today I went out and I am at 100% so I thought I would try to start the baby up. Two pumps and rrrrrr started up on the first twist of the key. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!! So I also started the generator and rrrrr then I turned on my shore switch and ran the convection oven for about 1/2 hour and sat out there in my winter wonderland reading the new FMCA mag and listening to the radio.. Of course, I had my motoraid heaters running. I could have been sitting there nude after a half an hour. Are they great or what??

I think it was talking to me and saying. Hey Dave, let's book this place. We need to get the H*** out of here.

I say sure but where can we go in this snow.

Well I guess we can dream.....

------------------

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know you don't like this word "COOL", but your CLOCK AND THERMO are COOL. There is a difference between COOL and COLD. Right Dave? Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post