Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    An Honest, Competent, Trustworthy Mechanic?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

An Honest, Competent, Trustworthy Mechanic?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted
I am feeling like a cross between Don Quixote (sp?) and Chevy Chase's Vacation. Like my good friend Dave Bowers, I do not want to own something that doesn't run. I want my '92 Barth 28' Cummins DP in sound and reliable order and I'll pay for that. I entrusted it to a guy here who might be winning his battle with cancer, but his business didn't, and my Barth overview has been neglected this summer. It runs fine, but I want it thoroughly checked out. I am not confident that this man was able to do this with all he is facing. Do any of you have someone you would trust with your favorite dog, or even more favorite Coach? Even if I have to travel, I will. But I sure could use a skilled pro. I live in Atlanta. I tried the big RV dealers here but they only want to work on the ones they sell. any help appreciated! Thanks.

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thomfeit
posted Hide Post
Right now our Barth is with Charlotte RV Service in Charlotte Harbor, FL. We took it there last week for a variety of items. I have been very impressed by the thorough method that Amos Slater (owner) went with over the coach and what first we thought needed to be done, and then some items he believed we should consider. The former owner of the Barth also used Amos as the mechanic.

Twice we have gone back to pick up items we had left in the coach, and each time his team has told us what has been done.

Look at his web site: www.charlottervservice.com

It may be a trip from Altanta to Port Charlotte, but so far it might seem worth such a trip.

Thom

Posts: 44 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Member Since: 06-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
How about in the northeast (Ma.) Also looking. Any suggestions? Thanks Lloyd

Posts: 126 | Location: New Bedford, Mass. | Member Since: 07-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
The same for Charlotte, NC.

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hey String, if you decide to take Thom up on the Charlotte Harbor guy, give us a holler. We're about 20 miles up 75 so you could grab a rental car and stay in the Euro if they need to keep your coach for a night or two.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post