Barthmobile Portal
An Honest, Competent, Trustworthy Mechanic?

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/3571049061

08-29-2005, 07:49 PM
stringmann
An Honest, Competent, Trustworthy Mechanic?
I am feeling like a cross between Don Quixote (sp?) and Chevy Chase's Vacation. Like my good friend Dave Bowers, I do not want to own something that doesn't run. I want my '92 Barth 28' Cummins DP in sound and reliable order and I'll pay for that. I entrusted it to a guy here who might be winning his battle with cancer, but his business didn't, and my Barth overview has been neglected this summer. It runs fine, but I want it thoroughly checked out. I am not confident that this man was able to do this with all he is facing. Do any of you have someone you would trust with your favorite dog, or even more favorite Coach? Even if I have to travel, I will. But I sure could use a skilled pro. I live in Atlanta. I tried the big RV dealers here but they only want to work on the ones they sell. any help appreciated! Thanks.
08-29-2005, 09:25 PM
thomfeit
Right now our Barth is with Charlotte RV Service in Charlotte Harbor, FL. We took it there last week for a variety of items. I have been very impressed by the thorough method that Amos Slater (owner) went with over the coach and what first we thought needed to be done, and then some items he believed we should consider. The former owner of the Barth also used Amos as the mechanic.

Twice we have gone back to pick up items we had left in the coach, and each time his team has told us what has been done.

Look at his web site: www.charlottervservice.com

It may be a trip from Altanta to Port Charlotte, but so far it might seem worth such a trip.

Thom
08-30-2005, 12:18 AM
shtym
How about in the northeast (Ma.) Also looking. Any suggestions? Thanks Lloyd
08-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Jim and Tere
The same for Charlotte, NC.
08-31-2005, 06:34 PM
Danny Z
Hey String, if you decide to take Thom up on the Charlotte Harbor guy, give us a holler. We're about 20 miles up 75 so you could grab a rental car and stay in the Euro if they need to keep your coach for a night or two.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28