Tools
Reply To This Topic

Sittin in the Barth watching the snow
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Bill suggested we might see more snow in Kalkaska, does he always have to be right?

That Louisiana thing is looking better by the minute!
Ah, the motorcycles. My first gearhead passion (don't need no fast car, we're already gone!) About 30,000 miles, a bad back, and getting hit twice finally learned me. I decided to do something smarter and safer..fly little airplanes! Best way to get away from stupid people and go fast legally.
Safety training is huge! I can't remember how many of my punk buddies dumped their crotch rockets between 500 and their first 1000 miles.
"A man's got to know his limitations.."
One of them was 25 when he went over the high side and didn't return. I was 5 miles back and the 2nd on the scene. He had a wife and 2 kids. That was about the end for me, too. Traffic has gotten heavier and meaner since then, too.
I'm still thinking, call the deice crew, do the checklist, fire up Barth and taxi out of here!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5192 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We got 4 inches more snow last night. I can't take another picture, it will just depress me. Meanwhile, the weatherman says we'll see 60 and 70 next week but he's such a tease. (this is my fault, I actually thought I might not have to shovel again this season. Good thing I didn't take the blower off the tractor)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5192 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
A few months ago someone ask me what the weather would be in Breaux Bridge for the GTG the first week in May. Being a Louisiana native and knowing our fickle weather, I made the statement that I could only guarantee that that time of year the temperature would be between 30 and 90. Well, looks like I might have to adjust my 60 degree range. I have been in Louisiana for the last two weeks and the temperature yesterday was 95 but today it was cloudy and much cooler. Only got to 92.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
This time of year is such a crapshoot. If you look at the high and low records here you'll so a range of 50 degrees or more. The snow we got set a record in Traverse city: 5.7 inches on Apr 20!
It was just wishful thinking to think it wouldn't snow, I just didn't think I'd be running the snowblower. (I'm hooked now and I want to work on Barth!)
Sure wish I could get away to LA. Enjoy!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
I hope that was not your house on the Weather Channel today. Showed one of them tornadoes in Kalkaskia ...

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
That one was north of us about 10 miles. Too close for comfort! We got heavy rain but winds weren't bad right around us.

We seem to be getting more tornadoes around here the last few years. confusion

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp