Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Diesel: what I pd
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted
Over 4k miles across some of the heartland; here's what I pd.
N. Ga=$4.69
Tn $4.64
Ky $4.59
Il $4.79
In $4.52
Oh $4.61
Pa $4.83

As they say, "dealer prices may vary"; and I didn't research the cheapest per se, other than to start looking closely from the hwy when I get to half a tank. Mostly use the Truck stops. jerry

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And they say oil will hit $200/barrel. Demand is rising most everywhere while supply is steady. Why would OPEC and others want to pump more if that would only cause prices to stabilize, or even drop? They're sitting back and watching the price rise (and profits) - just like anyone who has something to sell would. They have the advantage of a captive consumer too. They'll do this until demand starts to drop on a global basis, if that ever happens. I'm not saying I like it, but we're stuck as long as we depend on oil and others to supply it to us. What will happen is industry, research and manufacturing will invent new solutions to overcome the problem. We can see this unfolding with the moves GM has just announced. The strong will survive - the RV market may not - at least not in its current form. The writing is on the wall for the older, larger motorhomes - motorhomes in general for that matter. The question is, how many RV manufacturers are strong enough to make the changes needed for them to survive and still produce something a consumer would want to use and can afford to drive, and do this quickly?

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Actually oil has not gone up that much, but the US dollar is going in the tank. It is only worth about 50% of what it was a few years ago.

So until the USA gets its spending under control the dollar will only get weaker. On the plus side it will make USA goods cheaper overseas if we and find anyone still manufacturing product.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post