Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Howdy!
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Mrs. LonnieG
posted
Howdy all!

It has been a few years since we have participated on the discussion board…so long that we did not have a digital camera to post photos before. We have been enjoying our 1991 33’ Barth Regal for all most four years…with absolutely no regrets. Our coach has allowed us to expand and enjoy our favorite thing…bluegrass music. We don’t travel too far from home but spend weeks at a time going to music festivals. And as you all know a Barth attracts questions and admiration where ever you go. Our coach continues to give us good service with the normal minor flaws of an eighteen year old coach, but we could not be more happy or proud to own such a fine coach. Our Barth is a little different as it was built as a hospitality coach…which means no full time bed room. We use the pull out the couch and top it with an Aero bed mattress and sleep like a baby. The up side is we get 33’ of full living area the 16 hours a day when our eyes are not closed (or sleeping). The Barth has been a wonderful coach and we look forward to many more years or service.

Enjoy the summer!

Posts: 24 | Location: Southern, PA | Member Since: 06-23-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mrs. LonnieG
posted Hide Post
...one more picture

Posts: 24 | Location: Southern, PA | Member Since: 06-23-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mrs. LonnieG
posted Hide Post
Final picture

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome (back) to the forums! Like you, my coach is used primarily to enjoy one of my passions, astronomy. Currently, we're at the Buckeye On The Sky Star Party, west of Akron, OH.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Like you, I too have a Commercial 1991 - 33 foot Barth on a Oshkosh Chassis.

I've looked at your signature profile but do not see a Data Tag number. If you have a few minutes would you please contribute the info for our project. I am curious if your coach is newer or older and if it has the same type of info in the last 2 digits.

Here is the link to our Data Tag Project and welcome back to the site.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mrs. LonnieG
posted Hide Post
Thanks...I will check out the data tag tonight.

We know a fair amount about our coach having bought it from the original owner. We have all the build specs, blueprints and the complete three ring binders...sweet! The delivery date was July 20th 1990 and it was picked up in person buy the original owners. This Barth was designed to be a “party barge”…one of the unique features it the liquor cabinets and bottle rack for alcohol through out the coach. The shower was never used until we used it for the first time. They had a custom built liner over the bath tub that accommodated a large beer cooler and held it in place with rubber foam and insulation (no vibration going down the road)…truly a bar on wheels. Of course we don’t use it for this purpose…LOL…but it works well for a festival. Wink More info to come.

posted Hide Post
Sounds like something every man should have. Where do I get one? The only thing lacking ia a hole in the fridg door for a tap, or is that there?

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
No doubt about that Devolo! Cant wait to see pictures.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mrs. LonnieG
posted Hide Post
Okay… here is the Tag ID info:

#9007 3679 33JD-1

Oshkosh Truck Corporation 228” Wheel base

Custom built for Marlin Barley

Build plans drawn on 6/4/90
Build plans approved 6/20/90
Coach painted on 7/13/90
Delivery Date 7/23/90

…and yes this was a wealthy mans play toy…it was his second or third Barth. He used the “party barge” for tail gate parties, golf outings, dinner outings, trip to the race track (the ponies) and all were complete with a paid driver who backed up as the mixologist and care taker of the coach. This Barth spent the first 14 years of its life in a custom built garage with heat, AC and full time 50 Amp plug in service. It is in excellent condition…and as far as any drunks…this was a high class crowd…not even a spilled drink or white drink ring in the walnut tables. The “cute” thing that we did not change is there is a framed inventory list in the galley that specifies the location and sizes of all the liquor inventory…oh to live the good life…LOL!!!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09

Picture of Ray
posted Hide Post
If Mrs Lonnie's Barth was the Party Barth then this one http://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/731581935.html
is the ANTI Party Barth.... ( aka roadside sobriety test station)

I guess if you wanted it Barth would build it for you.... with Snow chains.

I know this should have been posted under Barth sightings but could not resist.
Ray

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford

Posts: 110 | Location: Ormond Beach, Florida | Member Since: 04-25-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post