Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Old Barth
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
I took these picture of an early model Barth that is in an industrial area in Oklahoma City. I spotted it about a year ago, but haven't found out who owns it. It hasn't been tagged since 1996. It looks complete and may have been a temporary home for someone. All the windows have mini blinds, and the front windows have curtains, which are closed. I don't think anyone is living in it now. Can anyone guess its age? And what's with the plexiglass covers over the holes just ahead of the rear bumper? There is one on each side. If someone wanted a Barth to restore, this would make a good one. It looks complete with no body damage. The plastic cover over one of the roof's AC unit is missing. The windows are good and the windshield is free of cracks. I'll try and find out who owns it in the next few weeks. Regards.

Randy Prince

Posts: 19 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK USA | Member Since: 04-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
Randy: What part of OKC? We have family there who might be willing to help find an owner or who might like to also look at it. Good spotting! Great project! I don't need one but I know a few others who might be interested! Thanks!

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
"And what's with the plexiglass covers over the holes just ahead of the rear bumper?"

Randy, I wonder if they could be docking lights.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gary -

The Barth is located in SW Oklahoma City on a dead end road. I had to climb a fence to get the pictures. There is a business close by and they probably know who owns the Barth. I will be off work for a few days and will try to find the owner. I didn't do too much poking around the Barth as I was on private property and didn't know if anyone else was watching. I wouldn't mind having a Barth but don't think I would want to take on a restoration project of this size. Someone would have to get it awful cheap to make it a worthwhile project.

The holes with the Plexiglass covers could have been docking lights at one time, but there is nothing there now.

Randy

Posts: 19 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK USA | Member Since: 04-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Barth in the above photos is, apparently, not for sale. It belongs to the owner of the business close to where it is parked. I talked to one of his employees a few weeks ago. The employee stated that the owner was the type of person who acquired items but never sold anything. I guess the Barth owner identifies with what he owns. ( I also know other people who share the same trait.) I left my name and phone number but never received a call back from the owner. I guess the old Barth will sit there for another several years - too bad.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
"I left my name and phone number but never received a call back from the owner."
This reminds me of last summer. I had my cruiser out of the water for repowering and other major refitting activities. I returned on day and found a note on the swim platform with a business card.
"Someday you will want to sell your boat. Please keep my card untill then."
Tim

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You never know, I was driving down the interstate once and saw a Porsche 911 that had been modified to look like the 935/78 that Paul Newman drove at LeMans so I stopped to look at it, after closer inspection I went into the business where it was parked and inquired about the car. To make a long story short...4 years later I got a call from the owner and I had the car later that day.
Mike Major

Posts: 23 | Location: Collinsvile, IL, USA | Member Since: 08-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post