Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello all. I've been lurking for a while and decided that its time to stick my 2 cents worth in. Purchased a 1974 26' Barth last year and have been extremely pleased with it.. aside for the usual aggravations of fixing stuff up and figuring things out. We consider ourselves lucky as we are the 3rd owners and the previous owner had never used it, he had bought it for his family so had painted it inside and out, new cushions, cloth etc but his marriage went kerblooey so he wanted to dispose of it. Only had 42,000 miles on it and he came down almst 50% in his original asking price so we grabbed it before someone else did. The outlaws just upgraded from a 73 Winnie 23" to an 89 TripleE 32' and "She who must be obeyed" said she still thinks our Barth is better than theirs.
Enough for now, pictures to come as soon as I get off my lazy *ss to take some.

Posts: 4 | Location: Calgary, AB, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Barthmobile. You are the 575th registered member. I still can't believe that. We have quite a few AB folks hanging around here. Bill and Sonja Klure of Calgary just drove down here to Minnesota and drove back with a nice 1987 33 ft. Regal. So Here's what I propose. Howabout all of us southerners show up on your's guys door step around 'Stampede time. I think we can get around 35 coaches. You have that much room in your front yard? You have that much food??

God Bless and welcome once again...

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just spent an hour or so under my Barth with epoxy and fiberglass repairing a really cool hole I made in the black water tank when in one of my better moments I backed the rig into the garden and dropped the whole thing 10" down onto a big cinder block.

Welcome ... I am next door to you in Strathmore and have a 26' 1973 on propane
George

Posts: 28 | Member Since: 04-19-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi George, Did you buy Cam Farnworth canoe with matching Barth?

That's the only LP powered Barth I know up there.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave ,
Way back in the spring of 03 I e-mailed Cam about his Barth and never got a reply. I bought my Barth 1 year ago in a town north of Calgary.
I know of about 8 Barths from the 70's around here and only 1 was a gas only model , some were duel fuel and mine is a propane only engine although it was duel fuel but the previous owner had had enough of carb problems and put on the propane only carb.I love propane as it,s just like fuel injection for starting and running but it does burn hotter and that has it's own problems.
FYI ... back in the 80's in Canada there was a gov grant or tax credit for converting vehicals to propane for environmental reasons. Even though the conversions were expensive the grant covered almost all of the cost. At the time propane was 1/3rd of the price of gas. It was very win win.
A propane engine burns cleaner and can last longer BUT many of these engines never had the harder valves put in the heads to cope with the extra heat. Mine did. I put new exhaust manifold gaskets on when I got it and I have tightened them up 3 times in 1200 miles. I have to replace the entire exhaust this winter.
The fun continues...
George

Posts: 28 | Member Since: 04-19-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted Hide Post
We'd love to see a convoy of Barths roll into town for Stampede, unfortunately I don't think we would fit em all in our condo driveway. There are places thought, that's for sure.

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post