Reply To This Topic

~~Thank you for your support~~
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
"Thank you for your support"

2008 is here and I would like to say a few things... this post first started out as a year in review, but we all know what has happened.

Thank you Bill H. for supporting all of us. You have worked behind the scenes for many years here with very little public recognition.

Many of you don't know how hard Bill H works. Sure, I make the fancy drawings, pay the bills and play with the forum settings. Bill H watches the boards and has helped me in many areas with running the site.

Thank you Dave for allowing me this opportunity to do something that I am very passionate about. Your help behind the scenes since turning over the site and the smoothness of the transfer is a great comfort to everyone here.

Thank you to our small group of "Basement Dwellers" who has helped me with testing out new apps. This group of "Barthmobile regulars" have allowed me to play with the settings and try out new features we see in use today.

Anytime something new is tried out, that group gets to play with it first. The Alpha testing and critiquing is done down below. Teaser: We will have another forum and some new things to try out soon enough.

Thank you to all of our members. I'm sure that having a new person run things was a little unsettling at first. You're a great group here and I feel blessed to be a part of it.

Thank you to our group of "Supporting Members" who have donated the financial resources that help me keep the lights on. I truly appreciate the help.

To our visitors, guests, members and my family here... "Thank you for your support" Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
BILL; What a year we have had with you at the helm, great start and 2008 will be even bigger, I love the running tally of of new members and other stats. Your help over the years has not gone without notice. Thanks for a great year. All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
ALL,

When I first heard, back in July, that Dave was turning over the reigns of barthmobile.com to someone else, it was unsettling to say the least. I had been a member of a club for Buick Riviera owners since the early 1990's. It too had the baton passed from the originator of the club, to one of the "passionate members" back in 2005. A few months later, after that member took my dues for his own use, I was no longer a member and one year later, club membership had dropped almost 1000 members. So, when the Barthmobile.com baton was passed, I was more than a little worried because of my past experience.

Here we are, the first day of 2008 and I couldn't be happier with the way Bill N.Y. has handled the site and where he has taken it to. He often asks for help and welcomes advice from members or those "basement dwellers." The guy that took over the Riviera club would not take any help (possibly because he didn't want anyone to see where the money was going) and he is now gone. It is amazing to see the two totally different directions these two clubs took. My thanks to Dave for picking someone who was obviously qualified and apparently does not require sleep; thanks to the members that provide so much expertise and help for those of us that need it and, thanks to the members that provide input or posts and even cash now and then to help Bill keep it going.

I know this isn't billed as a club but it is better than those that are "true" clubs. There is a camaraderie here that I have not seen in other clubs I have belonged to and a willingness to help.

So again, my sincere thanks to Dave for bringing barthmobile.com into the world and, after raising it from infancy, handing it off to Bill N.Y. where his expert stewardship will continue the growth of the Barth family and visitors.

P.S. A special thanks to Bill H for watching over the site day in and day out.

Happy New Year!

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Only being a member since September, I don't have any experience before Bill N.Y. regime, but I couldn't be happier with the way the web site is run. As a new Barth owner the information on the site is invaluable. I don't think I have had a problem yet that I couldn't find discussed on the site. Dim Headlights, LP gas delivery, Restringing day/night shades, just to name a few. It is great that so many owners will share their problems and more importantly the solutions to the problem.

I have learned a great deal about the history of Barth from working on the data tags and it has been a lot of fun. I hope others have found the information interesting if nothing else.

Here's to Dave, Bill N.Y., Bill H. and all the others that developed and maintain such a great site for the enjoyment and education of all us newcomers. My sincere Thanks
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Kudos to both of our Bills, New York, & El Segundo, & to our erstwhile leader, Dave Bowers, as well.

I've had no experience with other affinity groups, but this one has been a fountain of valuable information for me. Though I'm no longer a Barther (is that a word?), I'll be around here for the foreseeable future myself.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
Thank you Bill for taking over the HELM of Barthmobile.com,and the Job you have DONE:

Jay&Shelby 95 Barth Regency 34ft. 8.3 Cummins 300 hp.
Spartan K2 MM.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post