Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Sad news
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted
Just found out last night that Bill Hennenberg has passed away. Don't have any details but did know that he had been having some medical issues lately. In 2003 we were looking for a motorhome and came across Barths and this website. I joined and even though we ended up buying a MCI bus i have always kept up with you folks. On Jan. 29th of 2004 we hit the road fulltime and the very first night we spent at the Barth Rangers rally at Quartzsite so that i could meet some of the folks that i had gotten to know from here. Bill H was high on the list. Smiler Stopped by the next year to visit with him and Susan and have seen them once or twice since then and exchanged and email or two over the years. Always was interested in his posts here and learned a lot from him. Will miss him a lot. Susan, if you read this, know that you and he are in our thoughts and we are very sorry for your loss.... (Shadowman). Ed & Stevi Hackenbruch

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
So sad to hear of Bill's passing. I might be one of the few that knew of Bill's cancer. Bill and I communicated some and compared notes. He was certainly one of Barthmobile's most knowledgeable contributors. My sincere thoughts to Susan and their two sons.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Yes very sad news! I got to know Bill and stopped by his high country Arizona retirement home. Very knowledgable and very helpful to all. We all will miss him greatly. God Bless Susan and his sons as we all take a moment to mourn the loss of a great friend.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted Hide Post
I met with Bill out in LA several years ago---he and I shared a fondness for BMW bikes, in fact he had ridden his to the coffee shop where we met. Dave Bowers said Bill H. was a true Renaissance Man! Rest in eternal peace Bill.

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Oh crap. Bill was one of the most knowledgeable Barth guys we had. I was looking forward to meeting him some day.

I spoke with Bill a couple months ago, gave me some good advice as usual. He mentioned he had cancer but I did not know how serious his prognosis was.

RIP Bill. Frowner

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Very sad news indeed!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Very sad news indeed!

Frowner Frowner Frowner

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
We will surely miss Bill. I received a lot of help via e-mail and numerous phone calls when I bought my first Barth in 2002. Will miss that annual Christmas card..............................Carl & Betty

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Bill's advice on everything RV will be missed here by all. RIP Bill.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
He gave very good advice during the 2 years I searched for a Barth, he will be missed. His range of auto, truck, cycle and of course airplanes was a wonder. All who wander are not lost

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post