Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

30 Amp vs 50 Amp Service
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
I'll have to make changes to how we travel and setup since our last trip was to a state park that advertised "premium hookup." When we arrived, I was told they had 40 amp service instead of 50. I never heard of 40 amp before so I queried them about it and they said their park was different than others in that regard. I'm assuming they were in error, the power pole appeared to be 30 amp. If there is a 40 amp, I don't know what it would look like anyway. They also didn't have water hookup and I had not filled up the fresh water tanks. So, all in all, we didn't really care for that particular park. I have since been told that many state parks are like that. I am curious that if 30 amp service without water is premium, what is their basic hookup?

I will certainly invest in a good piece of test equipment to measure the pole first.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Many Federal, State, County & City parks have no hookups, so electric is a premium. They usually have dump and water fill. We are sitting on the Homer, Alaska spit in the city park with no hookups for $15 a day. A private park less than 1/2 miles from here has full hookups for $78 per day.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
That is what I've been hearing. We will eventually upgrade our inverter to a large model that is set up for that kind of park. There are too many places in Colorado I'd love to visit that won't have full hook-ups so I will get our Stagecoach setup for anywhere we might want to go.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post