Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Anyone interested in a swap
 Login now/Join our community

posted
G/Day all
I have been watching this site for some months now looking to get an idea of vlues to buy a Barth. However I have a suggestion I have a 1988 30ft Mitsubishi bus conversion ( coversion is a professional fitout not a home grown job) that I could be interested in doing a swap with for say 6 weeks for a similar Barth in the US. I have had a lot of experience in driving on the wrong side of the road I have driven from Panama to Alaska. West to east 5 times North to South 4 times and 75000KLMs in France, without incident.I am a farmer so can do just about anything mechanical. There would have to be some very well understood conditions for the swap to work from both points of view but basically I would like someone to treat my vehicles as they would like me to treat theirs.
I also have a Suzuki I tow on an "A"frame.
I am a bit particular what I drive and dont like the way most uS motor homes steer ( they dont) Auzzie

Posts: 3 | Member Since: 09-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an '85 25' Barth Regal B and a '77 27' Barth Regal, so I'm the one that might fit your
request. Both are operating, although not the
greatest looking coaches. I primarily use the '85, but I took the '77 to one of motorhome club's monthly rallies early this year.

I am a retired GM Design Engineer, and I want to go to Australia and New Zealand sometime in the next couple of years. I live in a suburb of Detroit. Why don't you email me with the pertinent information about your planned trip to the U.S., and we will see what we can arrange.

My email is wjacobson6@comcast.net.

Jake Jacobson

Posts: 69 | Location: Harper Woods, MI, USA | Member Since: 05-06-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Aussie,
Hmmm, that's an interesting Idea. We are going to spend all of March, 2007 in NSW, Victoria and SA. We have a 34T Regal that we may consider swapping with you. 1st of all we are flying in and out of Melbourne, are you in that area? We are close to Portland, Oregon... Over to You.
Cheer's John and Irene.

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi John and Irene.
No I am afraid I am 1800klms from Melb. I am located on the North Coast of NSW near Byron Bay.
Portland is OK for me I have a car in Seattle.

Do you drive a manual?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
Hi there:

Over the years I've floated the idea on this site of Barth swapping, generally thinking East vs. West coast (I've stopped offering it to Dave...New Englands too far away for him Wink, I even airport p/u for him >grin<. I always figured we're not all retired [YET) so transit time East vs. West limits how much traveling you can do. But I diverg, I have a 93 Breakaway 30' and I would be hapy to discuss swapping time in it.

PS. That goes for anyone in the State that can't afford the time for the East/West run.

Eric.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G/Day
Dont quite know what you mean , are you interested in a swap in Australia ?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
YES! Very much so.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post