Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Thinking of Barth
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
I'm looking at Barth a little different today than I did a week ago. I was out working on the large compartment bottom . I noticed that I could weld for only a short period of time and have to take a break. My left arm would start aching. I didn't think too much about. Later a day or so the ache would travel into my neck and jaw. I was playing a concert that weekend and was having trouble seeing my music. I called the doc the next day and ended up in the hospital with a 98% blockage in one of my arteries . I thought about the trip we had in Barth across the US a few weeks ago and wondered if we would be making any more trips in Barth or would we have to sell it. The doctors put in a stint and I haven't felt better for a long time and I know now that we will be on the road again. It's funny how little things like your Barth come into your mind laying in the hospital bed. I missed logging on the Barthmobile.com It's good to be able to do that again. Dennis

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis:
I'm looking at Barth a little different today than I did a week ago. I was out working on the large compartment bottom . I noticed that I could weld for only a short period of time and have to take a break. My left arm would start aching. I didn't think too much about. Later a day or so the ache would travel into my neck and jaw. I was playing a concert that weekend and was having trouble seeing my music. I called the doc the next day and ended up in the hospital with a 98% blockage in one of my arteries . I thought about the trip we had in Barth across the US a few weeks ago and wondered if we would be making any more trips in Barth or would we have to sell it. The doctors put in a stint and I haven't felt better for a long time and I know now that we will be on the road again. It's funny how little things like your Barth come into your mind laying in the hospital bed. I missed logging on the Barthmobile.com It's good to be able to do that again. Dennis

Glad you had a succcessful stint put in and that you are evidently feeling much better. Like you, I look forward most every day in checking out the BARTHMOBILE web site. I am a new Barth owner who, as yet, have not had the opportunity to take a "trip" in it. BUT I look forward with anticipation to taking a LOTS of trips, maybe even be a FULLTIMER. Anyway, just wanted to congratulate U on your successful stint replacement. Happy trails.

Posts: 16 | Location: Durant, Ms, USA | Member Since: 06-02-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Dennis: Glad you are doing a lot better now? Hope you enjoy the Barth for many years to come!Been there and done two stint in Feb.,Oct. 96.Been laid up for a while now with a bad colon got O.K. from Doc to travel again Wed this week!!Got the Barth all ready for the road.

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Regency 34ft. 300 hp.

[This message has been edited by bubbiebarth2 (edited June 11, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by bubbiebarth2 (edited June 11, 2004).]

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your reprieve.

Make the most of it, and enjoy your life.

Make it your commitment to change whatever lifestyle choices that might contribute to that stent closing up again.

Quit smoking.

Get your blood lipid levels under control.

Drink only in moderation.

If you are more than 10 pounds over your ideal weight, lose weight.

Seriously check into the "Atkins Diet" by getting the book and reading it, cover to cover.

Atkins was a cardiologist who gave many people a new lease on life with his VERY unconventional diet.

IT WORKS. Read it for yourself, and make your own mind up.

Everybody I know who has faithfully practiced it, has experienced a drop in "bad" fat levels in their blood, and lost weight.

ALSO check into "Chelation Therapy" which is an IV therapy that may help prevent further episodes of angina. It also works when combined with vitamin supplements. My mother is 74 and is on NO medications and her health is great. She worked in a chelation clinic, and it also makes sense, but does not have a 'medically proven' background. The NIH is just NOW getting around to studying it. I can tell you that the patients she saw there are committed to it, and they have all gotten better.

Keep your health as long as you can, learn and be your own guide...don't depend entirely on your doctor, they have prejudices too...

I wish you well.

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Dennis, I'm 75, had symptoms similar to yours 9 years ago, then had two failed angioplasties followed by 4 bypasses. I did 11minutes on the treadmill in my annual stress test last week.

Bought the Barth last Jan. right after my 75th b.day (you looked at it in Sequim a couple months ago). Still have a lot of deferred maintenance to complete, but even though it takes me a week to do a half-day's work now, nobody else is going to turn a wrench on this thing as long as I'm physically able.

We're looking forward to some short trips this summer, and another winter down South come Nov., and more to come as long as we're able.

Get the weight down, keep the BP and lipids under control, eschew all tobacco, walk, swim, or get a treadmill so you can get a little aerobic exercise, and don't let your mind get old.

You just had a wake-up call, that's all. Been there, done that.
Roy

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Dear Dennis,

We are thanking God that things worked out so well. Deb and I still talk about you and Carol dropping by and we enjoyed even that short meeting so much. We think very highly of you guys. I would have been really mad if we had to cancel that meeting somewhere in the west we have been talking about. You know that most of those stents are made here in Minnesota. So I am pleased that you have a little of the Tundra in your heart all the time. It shoud keep you cool.

May God continue to bless you dear friend and I would hope you will be putting in some deck time just soaking in that beautiful vista from your home.

Dave and Deb

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post