Forums    General Discussions    BLM trying to close all roads not regularly maintained
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

BLM trying to close all roads not regularly maintained
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
This affects any of us who use our RVs or any vehicle on BLM land.

If you now or in the future ever think you will want to drive ANY vehicle off paved and regularly maintained dirt roads to go camping, sightseeing, rockhounding, picnicking, enjoying photography, etc. , you really need to take the time to read this article! If BLM is successful getting these regulations enacted, all unmaintained back roads, old mining and forest access roads could be closed throughout the West. Most Americans
do not know that this is even happening. BLM and certain extreme environmental groups are trying to slip this through “under the radar”.

We already have more than 156 million acres, primarily in the West,
that have already been CLOSED TO MOST AMERICANS in the form of “Wilderness”, “Wilderness Study” and “Roadless” designations. That is an area one and a half times the size of the state of California. Hiking 10 miles with everything you need on your back is great if you are 20 and healthy. Not an option if you are older with ANY health issues!

BlueRibbon Coalition has given us permission to reproduce this article so we can get the word out. This article is from the March 2005 issue of BlueRibbon Magazine (www.sharetrails.org).

I will send a copy of the article to anyone on request.

Please read the article and act on this.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
I would be glad to get a copy of this.

It reminds me of the "Jarbridge" fiasco a couple years ago, when the wacko enviros wanted to close a access road, and the citizens showed up with shovels and cleared it out! Shades of Lexington and Concord!

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
Send me a copy.

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I will not have access to my computer and its files for a few days, but will send as soon as I can.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post