Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

towing toad
 Login now/Join our community

posted
i would like some opinion's on towing a toad backward on a tow dolly as in s-10 blazer with automatic transmission i have been told i can and that i can't has anyone done this and what problem's if any, i plan to get a REMCO disconnecting drive shaft later.

KEITH WHITE
RETIRED U.S.ARMY
71 24' P-30 350 PLUS

MY NEW LICENSE PLATE

[This message has been edited by keithwhite (edited November 02, 2004).]

Posts: 27 | Location: KILLEEN TX | Member Since: 02-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I contacted Demco, or was it Roadmaster, and asked them the same question. I wanted to tow my Jeep CJ7 backwards with the front hubs unlocked. They said that they do not propose it due to potential tracking problems and possible damage to the tires and steering alignment due to the toe adjustment. I have friends who have done it for short distances but not long hauls. Tow trucks do it sometimes, but that's short hauls also.

Posts: 6 | Location: redlands, ca. usa | Member Since: 10-15-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post