Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Never Give Up
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
As many of you know. I was over charged for a brake job by almost a $1000.00.. Well I took the guy to small claims court and won a 990.00 judgement. Then shortly after the judgement was filed I found four of the tires on my coach flat. A round punch of come kind in the side wall. I knew it was the same mechanic so I called the PD and sure enough this guy was suspected of the same thing a couple years ago. So I took him back to small claims again and today I WON Circumstantial evidence is accepted in civil court so I won easily, a judgement of $1400.00. He has paid the first one. Here in MN you have to pay or they come down on you like a ton of bricks. If he doesn't pay I can walk in with the sheriff and drive out in his truck and sell it. So never give up...

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted Hide Post
Yahooo! It's so great when justice prevails, inspiring. Good for you Dave.

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Man, if I was there I'd give you the biggest high-five you ever had.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
It good to know that our system work most of the time!Glad for you Dave it worked for YOU!

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Barth Regency 34ft. Cummins 300 hp.
Spartan MM.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
I am going thru a little thing with the state and Lake Havasu city. When i titled the bus there they told me that the state would collect a tax, (almost $700) for the city. They sent me the form and it states that if i live in the city limits and use or store it in town i owe the tax but if i don't live in town to have my town clerk sign a paper to verify that and i will be exempt. Ok, so i sent it back,( got this while in Montana ) with a note stating that i do not live in town, am not a resident of any town, only have a mail box etc address there for my mail, do not store or use it in town and am in fact traveling full time and only get my mail about once every 2 months or so. Had another letter catch up to us in Arkansas saying that they hadn't heard from me, ( crossed in the mail ) and now here in Yuma i just got our mail and they said they are going to collection on me and may sieze my bank account......so i guess i get to spend the rest of the year dealing with beauracrates...yipeee my fave!

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WAY TO GO DAVE. JUSTICE SERVED TIMES TWO!!!
Johnny Cochran has nothing on you. If the tires go flat after the mechanic's spat-he'll throw money in the hat!

Posts: 26 | Location: Costa Mesa,California,USA | Member Since: 09-21-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I have to admit however, that the real lesson here is that one needs to do ones due diligence. As we all know in some communities, like my community there aren't a lot of folks who want to work on these rv's. When you find one that says "sure" one should still look up the BBB rating. This guy had about the worst BBB one could have. But of course I didn't check it. He seemed like a really nice guy and was happy to look at my brakes. I will always check it out from now on.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Don't overlook social contacts. When I move, I will hang out at the American Legion, VFW, Elks, etc (aaaargh...I don't smoke and drink only lightly). Ride the bicycle, walk the dog, etc to make acquaintances. I stop and yak with motorhome folks, and learn something every time.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post