Forums    General Discussions    Ladies and Gentleman, presenting the Silver Seed
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Ladies and Gentleman, presenting the Silver Seed
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Here is the Image Station file that that includes the above file.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave - Wow original swatches! The upholstery is original for sure now seeing the factory samples, Mine is a 72 and the pattern is a ''motif'' type with scrolling designs like paisleys on steroids ,that occasionally explode into a profile of a pineapple..It is the chocolate color .The deeper i dig into this old Barth i find out some neat stuff, it came with a shop manual for chevy P-30 chassis and engine stuff,and every owners manual for all the appliances, The original owner ''decoded'' all the VIN numbers and documented alot of specs and made checklists for everything. This thing was somebodies dream come true 32 years ago and it warms my heart to own this ''beloved old machine''.How much was this coach new in 1972? It would be cool to know.Thanks alot-BB

Posts: 9 | Location: Palm Harbor,Florida | Member Since: 01-25-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, a 1973 brochure for interior fabrics! Very nice, Dave.

Not much of my interior is original. The dash is covered with green Naugahide and there was a very ugly and worn yellow shag carpet on the floor, which I ripped out and replaced with an easy-to-clean vinyl flooring. The window coverings are Venetian blinds, which my wife covered over with old fashioned, white lace curtains. I've replaced the fridge with a new Dometic and put in a new 4K Onan generator. The new Onan was mistake, because it broke down 3 times before it was 2 years old. I think the pre-electronic control Onans were much more reliable.

The biggest problem is that when I acquired the rig, it had absolutely no manual or documentation, which meant I had to do a lot of wire tracing to figure out problems. Anybody got a wiring diagram for a 1974 Barth '25?

Posts: 5 | Location: BlackRock City, Nevada, USA | Member Since: 01-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the weather up NORTH Ya'll,here in Florida its pretty tame.I'm Typing this with a window open before me. I know ,,,sit down and be quiet there Sunshine Boy, we're freezing up here and our windows are frozen shut.
Put another log on the fire....

There is much polishing to do,,, be well -BB

Posts: 9 | Location: Palm Harbor,Florida | Member Since: 01-25-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Mark Estep
posted Hide Post
Hey BB...
The guy I got my 1973 25' Limited from had a copy of the original title giving the purchase price as $8500.00 on 5/7/73, in Deland Fl. This guy saved EVERYTHING...I even have the original Barth warranty certificate.
Mark

Posts: 65 | Location: Traveling the USA | Member Since: 11-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys
My 1976 Barth 27' SP Motorhome with Rear Bath
Delux Chevrolet Dual Wheel Chassis with 454 engine.
BASE PRICE = 22,750.00
454 ENGINE = N/C
5000 ONAN GEN = 1875.00
HEAVY DUTY GENERATOR BATTERY = 70.00
2-11000 BTU ROOF AIR COND.
WITH ELECTRIC HEAT TAPES = 1200.00
AUTO TYPE AIR CONDITOR = 495.00
AM-FM STEREO RADIO W/8 TRACK = 290.00
EXTRA SPEAKERSS W/FADER CONTROL = 24.00
POWER BATH VENT = N/C
ROOF LUGGAGE RACK & LADDER = 175.00
PRIVACY CURTAIN = 75.00
TV ANT WITH TWO JACKS = 90.00
MOTOR COVER TABLE = 40.00
CONTROL PANEL = N/C
EXTRA STORAGE = 125.00
OVER HEAD BUNK = 250.00
CUSTOM WORK = 400.00
EXTRA GASOLINE TANK = 200.00
MATCHING INSERTS IN FRONT SEATS = 50.00
TELEPHONE TYPE 23/CB = 300.00
MICR-WAVE OVEN OVEN = 480.00
BUTCHER BLOCK COUNTER TOPS = N/C
EXTERIOR DECOR = 100.00
WHEEL COVERS = 90.00
HIDE-A-BED 74" = N/C
EXTRA CABINETS = 400.00
EXTERIOR STEP - MANUAL = 30.00
HOT WATER HEATER W/EXCHANGER = N/C
8' ELECTRIC REFRIGERATOR = 70.00
SPOT LIGHT = 130.00
AIR HORNS = 112.00
WEATHER CENTER = 70.00
DEAD BOLT LOCK = 35.00
-----------
TOTAL OPT 7176.00
FREIGHT& SERVICE = MILFORD, IND.= 150.00
-----------
TOTAL PRICE. 30,076.00
I WISH IT WERE STILL NEW ,BUT WE LOVE IT ANYWAY. JUST THOUGHT THE ORG PRICE LIST WOULD BE INTERESTING TO SOME.

RALPH GLOVER

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pricing info fellas, seems there was quite a price increase between 73 and 76 , oh well, life is good down here in the land of sunshine.

Isnt it odd, the Almighty promises us the land of milk and honey, and so many of us wind up diabetic and lactose intolerant???

Here is to complimentary dump station passes f0r all of us!!-be warm-BB

posted Hide Post
In 1998, I first spotted this 1974 Barth sitting in an RV sales lot just a few miles north of San Jose, California. The funny shape and weathered aluminum skin made it stick out from the other RV's like an ugly duckling. I thought "What the hell is that thing?" At the time I had no idea what a Barth was, but I fell in love with it. It was trade-in from the original owners, an elderly retired couple. The RV salesman was happy to unload it for $6,000 just to get it off the lot, because "it made the place look bad." Since then, I have put much more into fixing it up; including solar panels on the roof, special instrumentation and gages in the dash and Internet communications gear. It was ready for the road without much effort but the real trick was getting the thing to fly.

Posts: 5 | Location: BlackRock City, Nevada, USA | Member Since: 01-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Micheal*2 - The Barth flying attachments must be a rare option, although with the ''aircraft aluminum '' construction we stand a better chance than most ,no? My son and i will take a small voyage next week in our recently acquired ''seed''.We will try the ''water seeking sensor'' and see if we cant wind up near a river somewhere, we first must tighten the loose nut behind the wheel.....BB

Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post
Hey MichaelMichael and billybarthy, how about some photos of your rigs? I recently acquired a 25' 1973 I am "updating". I know there are a couple other owners of similar vintage Barths frequenting this site who would probably be interested also......Bill

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a pretty good image of the Silver Seed from my 2001 cross-county road trip that was taken beside the Bonneville salt flats. Go the webpage below and click on 'BIGGER' just below the photo.

http://roadtrip.burningman.com/content/journal/07.07.01.3/07.07.01.3.html

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
Dave Bowers has the Gallery here for lotsa pictures. Also, IF there is one somewhere of Andy Anthony's '71 (?) I believe he did a nice job of restoration, at no small expense either. His was the one here recently totaled in a most unfortunate accident and I doubt there were very many salvageable parts but one never knows. Colaws, not far, from here had a couple of Barths in their yard but they have been almost completely stripped. For those looking for Barth parts, accessories, etc. maybe someone (?) could start a BarthBay Clearinghouse?????

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post