Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1986 Barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi, we are going to check out a 1986 Barth 33' on thursday and wondered if anyone could give us any ideas of what we should check out. I know its a tag axle with a 454 chevy engine about 30,000 miles. The kitchen is on the passenger side with a dinette across. Twin beds in the back.
What else should be on a 86'. Thanks for any info anyone can give.

Posts: 10 | Location: Riga,Michigan USA | Member Since: 01-31-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rotenone,

There is a laundry list of things to look at, and look for.
Everything from belts and hoses to rust scabs under the coach, as the exterior will not rust. I would spend more time under the coach, than inside, as Barth is known for it's quality interiors.( provided it has not been trashed)
You could take it for an inspection at luxury motorcoach services, in Marion, if possible. I'm sure they would give you a good report, although you should talk to me before agreeing to any work.

As close as you are to us you should come and look at our 86, 35' regency, as I can talk of our experience as a Barth owner.
quote:
Originally posted by rotenone:
Hi, we are going to check out a 1986 Barth 33' on thursday and wondered if anyone could give us any ideas of what we should check out. I know its a tag axle with a 454 chevy engine about 30,000 miles. The kitchen is on the passenger side with a dinette across. Twin beds in the back.
What else should be on a 86'. Thanks for any info anyone can give.

Posts: 31 | Location: crestline,ohio | Member Since: 02-27-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post