Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1990 38' Barth Regency
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
I'd like to ad to this re. the AC. They want WHAT!!! I'd find another shop. They think they found a sucker! I was in the HVAC business for 20 odd years and I have never seen an automotive ac cost anywhere near that for repair. With a "big fancy motorhome" they think they got somebody with deep pockets so "lets just double the estimate". Chances are that it only needs charging. R 12 is available for I guess $30.00 per pound and the system won't take more than 3 lbs.. Most leaks are from the compressor seal and that is due to non use. All ner vehicles now cycle the ac even if you aren't using it to keep the seal lubed. This is why you rarely ever have to charge new vehicles today. Any other leaks are quickly found using a florescent dye and the problem repaired.

Terry

Posts: 25 | Location: Lanesboro MN | Member Since: 09-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
I will certainly take it in for an estimate from someone else. The estimate of $2000 was given to the previous owner by a repair shop in AZ. I haven't had it in for an estimate yet but it is planned for the off season. I haven't really needed the dash AC yet but, since it also has the optional rear automotive AC option, it is a shame to not have it working. I like everything to work as intended anyway.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post