Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1964 Barth Airflight renovation
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi all,
Dave encouraged me to include myself in this forum in spite of the fact that our Barth in not a coach. We are in the beginning stages of renovating a 1964 Barth Airflight.
We really love it already, but we are gutting the entire trailer now in order to make it into a silver palace. It has more systems in it than any airstream of it's size, and amazing use of space. Hopefully, we'll have it ready for a short trip in January in a barely livable state. It has a long way to go.
Her name is "Minnie Mae Barth".
Christina

Posts: 2 | Location: Dahlonega, GA, USA | Member Since: 11-30-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Minnie. Got any pictures?

When we had trailers, we didn't know about Barths, or we would have had one. Or at least lusted after one.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited November 30, 2004).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see pics of this!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
You may already know this, but a good forum for vintage trailer restorations is at:

http://www.oldtrailernet.com/

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Here are the photos of Minnie Mae before digging into it..

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Cool, really cool!
About the wheels. They look familiar. They appear to be alloy and are they 13" with a 4 hole 41/2" bolt pattern? Do they have an open centre that had a spinner hub? Enquiring minds want to know!
Good luck on your project.
Don
>
quote:
Originally posted by davebowers:
Here are the photos of Minnie Mae before digging into it..

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted Hide Post
This really is a beauty! Thanks for sharing the pictures, hope we get to see the end result.

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Guy in CA. restores spartan trailers, i think his website is vintage-vacations.com

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
You are right Shadow...here it is;

http://www.vintage-vacations.com/46_manor_frnt_kit.htm

Only the Shadow Knows

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the welcome, and for a link I hadn't found. I'll keep you posted on how the resurection goes. Thanks for the picture posted on my behalf of a Barth just like mine. I don't know how to post pictures on this forum :/
We are having to strip it bare inside to redo all of the interior walls. We'll replace them with birch plywood for a nice warm look, and go from there. It will be a wonderful piece of American art when we're done.
C

Posts: 2 | Location: Dahlonega, GA, USA | Member Since: 11-30-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post