Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth alternatives
 Login now/Join our community

<pebblepoint>
posted
I've been a lurker long enough to know that I want, no, I NEED a Barth.
However, they are pretty rare. Are there other motorhomes that are made the way a Barth is made? That is, no glue, staples and 2x2's?
Thanks.
don

Airstream trailer
Avion Slide-In
Starcraft popup

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Gasser or diesel?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Pebblepoint,

A hardy welcome to the website. Look around and feel at home.

You can find other coaches that have the same structure of the Barth, however, they don't come in the shorter and sometimes more handy lengths like the Barth and they start at $125K. when you can buy a 28 foot Regal under $20K and get this quality you can hardly pass it up.

These are some recently acquired photos of Barth construction

This is a Winnebago skeleton;

I am no expert, but I see a difference here. Check out the Barth's for Sale there are usually more that there are now, but they have been selling at the rate of a couple per week. Spring I guess....

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited March 14, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Gramer>
posted
Impressive pics of construction that you posted. Actually, MUCh better than I expected. Which Barth did pics represent, year, engine type, or doesn't that matter? Were all Barths made like this from 1969 to when they quit business?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
These images are from a 1987 Regal, which is for sale, actually the one you mentioned in your last email to me Bob.

This image is from a brochure in the mid 70's Barth had the same construction from the beginning. Pretty cool, huh"

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
DAve, those images appear to be of two different coaches.

Perhaps Jerry will let us know their source.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
You are absolutley correct Bill. And this have I poped off about accurate info. No where did Jerry tell me that these photos were from his coach. Since they were supplied with his other "For Sale" pictures I assumed and that is always a big mistake.

------------------