Forums    General Discussions    Following after FO (former owners)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Following after FO (former owners)
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
Discovered a small water leak under the kitchen sink today. Capped off the line until I get back home. Line is too a small water outlet by the sink faucet and is not needed to get by this weekend.

Count em!!!!!! EIGHT adapters on a water line only 8 inches long.

I guess ONE adapter the right size was not available.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Back from camping and a trip to the hardware store and this ONE fitting replaced seven of the eight fittings and the 6 inch hose. mechanic

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
My FO was anal about doing things right. I did have to call him and ask what the toggle switch below the left dash was for, as I couldn't figure it out. He admitted, somewhat sheepishly, it wasn't connected to anything.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Nick you have a great hardware store to use.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
I had a rocker switch that did nothing and i could not access the back to follow the wires unless i removed the fridge. Turns out in talking to the PO that he had something else in that spot and removed it and did not want to leave a hole so just put the switch in. Smiler I have also unhooked a rocker switch that used to turn my old inverter on. I put in a new inverter with a control panel and had to relocate it to another spot. I left the old rocker switch in place so as to not have a hole, but i did get behind it and remove the wires so somebody else can quickly figure out that it is dead.......maybe i should of left it hooked up! Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I would, and have, removed anything that doesn't work.

I had several switches in my dash that was added because the previous owner had "Less Than Competent" mechanics working on it. Their motto seemed to be: If something doesn't work right, run new wires and put in a new switch.

Well, I traced and repaired all of the original equipment so that it works as intended. This left me with several holes in the dash.

I added in plastic plugs and used cardboard as a backing to hold the plugs in place.

After new tach install - close up of 2 plugs.

Just remove the switch, push one of these plugs through the hole and let it bite into a thick piece of cardboard. Problem solved.

They also make rocker switch blanks in many sizes to insert into openings.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
Speaking of former owners....

The windows rattled horribly on my coach....also, I couldn't get them to latch either...former owner had put a window lock on each track to keep them from opening....

After looking, FO had added some thick rubber window seals and that's why the windows wouldn't close...removed seals and windows closed and locked and don't rattle....

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Did you make the new dash? What did you use and how did you do it? Looks really great...also, did you dye the vinyl?

Both are items I'm thinking about doing on my coach.

K&E

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K&E:
Did you make the new dash...also, did you dye the vinyl?
Here is my old dash & vinyl.

The vinyl was replaced - this is not dye.

I removed my dash and had it all reupholstered. I then reinstalled it. The only new panels are for the glove box and radio and this was done with aluminum diamond plate.

If you want to know more, read The Story from 2005.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that....your old dash looks exactly like mine and that gives me something to think about.....