Forums    General Discussions    Barth 28"?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth 28"?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
My wife and I are looking at a Barth. Never saw one before, but fell in love. My question is, how do you tell the TRUE length of a coach without the title handy? The vin number is 17N43012XKW022152. The gentleman told me it was a 1990 Barth 28 or 30 foot. It has the Oshkosh/John Deere chassis with the Ford 460 CID engine.

On another note, what a great site! I have received so much information from everyone who has posted. And, the 3 folks that we called about their Barth's were extremely helpful. Thanks to all. Kevin and Wanda.

Posts: 2 | Location: jacksonville, Florida | Member Since: 01-03-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Mullanek. To tell the correct length measure from the bumper to bumper and then deduct a foot. Barth lengths on these Regals were less the bumper and the bumper adds another foot.

Model: REGAL-DEERE
Length: 28'
Coach Design: Motor Home
Floor Plan: Covers all floor plans
Self-Contained: YES
Low Retail: $19,400
Average Retail: $23,370

I thought that I had a picture of a 1990 Ford but I can't find it. What you will get with this coach is way more storage than you would have with a Chevy P-30. And, I have never heard any large groups of people bad mouthing the 460. I have been told that it runs cooler than the 454 and seems to do better the the more southern climates.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 03, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for the info. I understand that you have a CD that covers these wonderful RV's. Please let me know how to purchase one, because as of Monday, God willing, we will be a Barth owner also. Thanks again, Kevin.

Posts: 2 | Location: jacksonville, Florida | Member Since: 01-03-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Here it is, the first coach is a John Deere chassis.

and this one is a Chevy P-30...

The Deere is considered a basement model. It is taller over all, there is one more step up to get in the coach so there is substantially more storage available.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 04, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post