Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

rear access panel
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted
the rear access panel under our bed in the rear is prone to falling out. Has anyone come up with a better way to secure this panel? We have a '93 33' Breakaway.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem, it was kinda there with some latches that didn't hold up well. I also rewired my inverter and that requires that I have good/easy access to the inverter and charger (more on that in another post).
I cut the access door down so it is a nice fit inside the cut-out with a piano hinge all the way along the bottom with two marine latches at the top to hold the door closed. Works well and keeps the access closed but provides easy access to the compartment. It also looks a lot better then the original panel with the extra pieces removed for a clean door look. I will try to take some pictures and if I can't figure out how to post them here I will put them up on my website.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
also curious to see a pix of the finished access door...how do I find your website? thanks

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally got the pictures up on the website! My website is a mess right now, waiting for winter months to get it all organized again!

For the Barth stuff go here

http://www.mwrench.com/Barth/

Home page is:

www.mwrench.com

Feel free to browse around and I welcome comments. I have a lot more to put up on the barth page detailing all the stuff I have done in the last 9 months. Some of it is there but not in good order.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
For your viewing pleasure.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill, now how do I do that??

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
When you click reply or you start a thread there is something that looks like a scenic picture to the right side of the message are that I'm typing in now.

The first one in line is a big smiling face - second is something that looks like an easel - third says URL - forth is a bold B - fifth is a I - sixth thing is a strike out ABC - seventh is quotes - eight is a billet point - ninth is an envelope - tenth is to insert pictures - just copy and paste the web address of the picture in the pop up window of that tab.

The first picture would have this pasted inside of the pop up window.
 http://www.mwrench.com/Barth/Access%20door/accessdoor.jpg 

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I got it, Probably dangerous because now i can burden the forum with my random pictures.

Thanks Bill, simple enough for a Internet dummie like me! Geeesh and I used to work in electronics--

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
N.Y. Bill, I think you've opened the floodgates for a lot of us non-techies to load this site with pix. But here's another question: Suppose you have a pic in your photo files that's only identified as "PICT0001.JPG", or some such. Is it just a matter of copying & pasting the pic into that 10th window? Or what?

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olroy:
But here's another question: ...Is it just a matter of copying & pasting the pic into that 10th window? Or what?
You need to upload them to a host like photo bucket or you could attach the picture as an ATTACHMENT but then you won't see it in your post. You could do a photo gallery and place the picture in there and then remote link it.

If it's something you want to add as a picture, like your signature profile, and you don't want to do all of this stuff then send me the picture in an email and I'll give you the address so you can use it in your post.

I'll try to walk you thru any steps you need to set this up. Once you learn how it's really easy.

Edited to add the following: Back a few months ago I created a community album. You could add a picture of your coach there and either link the thumbnail or link the page.

Go to this page and look at the thumbnails and then click on the page link. They are two different sizes. Below is how they look.

I right clicked on the picture and then copied the web address to make this thumbnail picture that I pasted in the 10th box. This picture is 128 x 100 and could even be used as an avatar.

Below is the actual size of the picture from the page after I clicked on the picture link at the community album.

You can add a picture to this album by uploading it to that site. Just click on the + sign in the lower right and upload your picture.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Ed,
Thanks, that looks like a perfect solution. It pays to post!

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post