Tools
Reply To This Topic

Northeast Barth Owners Get-Together
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted
The date is set for the Seventh Annual Northeast Barth Owners Get-Together.
If 'Star Wars' can start off in the middle of the series, so can we!
Taking into consideration all the ideas and adding up the votes, the event committee has come up with: August 3rd to August 6th, 2006 in the East Hartford, Connecticut area.
If you're interested in attending, please respond here or by eMail. The more attendees, the better the event will be, and it already is pretty darn good. This will not be anything like what you may expect, but what did you expect?
Look for more information posted as interest in this event grows.

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Jack,

The date and location will likely work well for me. Your choice of area is near to me. I may be of some help in planning the exact site.

I'll keep an eye open for updates.

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jack
Please count me in, this will be my first event since purchasing my second barth. I bought Jim Mays 33' regal coach last year which was featured on this site. I will be putting for sale my 81 22' Barth this year once I take some pictures.

John & Marty Durey
89 33' Regal

Posts: 1 | Location: Manchester,Ct USA | Member Since: 02-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Could you please supply a link to the campground that we would be staying at. What are the hookups and bathrooms like?

Still weighing my options, I would like to go but being so close in time to two events (long since scheduled) might only be able to come by for an overnight.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Jack,

Do you have a recommendation for a campground? I'll be staying at the Sunsetview Farm Camping Area in Monson, MA in early May, it is rated well and offers a close proximity to the Mass Turnpike. It is less than five miles from exit 8 (Palmer). Full hook-up's are around $30 - $35 per night. We might also get a safari field for a bit less.

Here is a link to the campground. http://www.sunsetview.com/

Let me know what you think.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jack lets go r.ving carl p.s going to what camp ground Confused Smiler

Posts: 4 | Location: forestburgh ny | Member Since: 02-18-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hey Folks,

Is this topic dead. Does anyone want to get together?

Bill G

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill G:
Is this topic dead. Does anyone want to get together?

I hope not, I'd love to go. For me it depends on vacation scheduling of the other 2 mechanics. I might be able to do two days one night. It seems that we should have enough people to do this.

I come back from a race on 7/24 and then I fly back out to Calabash NC on 8/8. This NE get-together (8/3-8/6) is in the middle of that and might be tough for me.

At the very least I will drive out in my car for the day and meet anyone who can make it. I have a crazy schedule lined up this summer. You'll see, I'll be on the cell phone the entire time. Frowner

I can't leave my business unattended over a weekend. The entire transportation industry will come to a screeching halt in the Northeast corridor.

Not really, sometimes it just feels like it! Wink

Ps. Anyone want to hire an honest, reliable, straight talking and committed (insane) diesel mechanic. Looking to retire to a normal 40-60 hr work week! Roll Eyes

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great idea! Why E. Hartford?

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
I am interested also. Will see if I can free up that weekend. Work who needs it!!!

Posts: 126 | Location: New Bedford, Mass. | Member Since: 07-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack:
The date is set for the Seventh Annual Northeast Barth Owners Get-Together....

...the event committee has come up with: August 3rd to August 6th, 2006 in the East Hartford, Connecticut area.

Look for more information posted as interest in this event grows.

Who's on this committee anyway? I'm glad someone posted a start date but Jack hasn't posted .... since this was first put up. He might be trying to gauge interest and hear other thoughts before finalizing?

We should mount a search party for him since he hasn't posted in a while. He could be hurt or snowed in Big Grin

Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
If I get some commitments, I'll call Sunsetview and reserve the weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday 8/4 - 8/6. I'll get some prices to post for their safari area, and see if any campsites are available. Their sites have full hook-ups and are about $30 to $35 per day. I'm not sure what they get for the safari field sites.

Bill G

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
What was the end result?

Didn't happen ...or????

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Sorry Doug,

This was an effort that didn't happen in the end.

Maybe this year.

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice