Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

hello fellow barthers
 Login now/Join our community

<cbarth>
posted
i have been recently blessed with a barth, its a made in 78', 79' barth class c, on a chevy G30 chasis. i found er' down in florida , beat up and in need of help. i have been working on it for 4 weeks , all day everyday (weather permitting), and am almost done. i came across this site, trying to find more history on barth, and feal like ive been blessed twice . i cant wait for some chance incounters with some of you , on the road !! this is a wonderful site, for a wonderful rv, full of wonderful people (from what ive seen so far) !!!!!
so any info on class c barths (or about barth in general)is very welcomed . (for example i know barths are few and far between, and class c's even fewer , but does anyone know how many class c's are out there? ) so hello to you all, and to all a good life !!!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, welcome aboard. Expect to learn a lot, FOR SURE. Dues are $20.00 a month so send to me direct. It is well worth it. Dave won't mind. I know you are saying DAVE WHO? Some call him the GOD FATHER, I MEAN BARTH FATHER. Something anyway.

Enjoy this site, and I know you will.

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ryegal
posted Hide Post
Welcome !!! nice to have you ! I too have a Barth Class Cmine is a 1975 and I love it.But maybe loving it isn't enough. Sure am having a hard time getting it worked on. I hope you enjoys yours and please keep posting. Thanks

Posts: 94 | Location: Seattle,wa,usa | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Dale, I am going to give you an offer you can't refuse...no there are no dues. I don't charge them and Dale Smith ain't worth it.

I am Dave, regular Dave and I loooove Barth Class C's. Everyonce in a while we will get one on and I will pine to be a single traveler in my Barth Class C.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
You said "i have been working on it for 4 weeks , all day everyday (weather permitting), and am almost done." ???

You are never done working on any motor home! But having a Barth never really seems like work does it?

I got mine about 3 years ago and have used it several times with minimal problems. I like to tinker and this is really fun stuff to do.

Welcome to the site and enjoy.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
There is always something to do. Yesterday, I crawled under the Barth and sanded and wire brushed the propane tank. I then gave it a coat of Rustoleum Rusty Metal primer and then coated it with one of their enamels. I was a tight fit and would have liked to have it on a lift, but I got the job done.

I little here and a little there and she should last a long time.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post