Forums    General Discussions    Help! We're new Regency owners looking for a little help.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Help! We're new Regency owners looking for a little help.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
Picture of Lorelei
posted
Looking for Schematics or manuals for an 88 Regency Coach. Manual for Onan Generator would be tremendously appreciated.

Additionally, we are traveling cross country from Ga to California. Currently, we are staying west of Memphis near Little Rock.

More to the point, we are seeking a little assistance. Our travels will take us across I-40 and we are looking for a clue. If anyone is willing to meet us en-route, and maybe help us understand our coach a little better, we would love to meet you.

Come see for yourself how "2 seemingly intelligent people" can buy a coach and need a little helping hand with understanding some of the basic systems.

Our travels will take us to beautiful Little Rock where our pocketbooks will be further drained by the need for tires. Then onto I-40 for a trip further west with whatever available daylight is left.

Please respond back here if you can help us out. Bill NY will be monitoring your responses and will contact you, via PM or email, with our phone number if you can help.

Thank you for your consideration.

Lorelei

Posts: 38 | Location: Point Arena, CA | Member Since: 06-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
If you can help Lorelei with this request, I would appreciate it. Lorelei, and her husband, bought this coach with little knowledge of the operating systems and they just need a little guiding hand on what each system does.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Lorelei,unfortunately I live close to where you picked up the coach and not on your route home. I would love to have met you and offered any help that I could. Also our coach has a different generator, different engine so I might not have been much help in those areas.

And as far as seeing for myself "how "2 seemingly intelligent people" can buy a coach and need a little helping hand with understanding some of the basic systems.". This is from "2 seemingly intelligent people" who bought a 1993 Regency on Ebay sight unseen, Flew to Arizona and drove it back to Georgia. And yes it was our first Motorhome.

If I can ever try to answer any question about your coach, please ask. Send me a PM and I will be glad to give you my phone number and will try to help anyway that I can.

Good luck on your trip home.

Nick and Donna Cagle

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
If I can ever try to answer any question about your coach, please ask.
She needs all the help you can give Nick.

I sent you her phone number via PM. Anyone else who expresses a desire to help, will get her number via PM too.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
I don't have one but am reasonably familiar with similar systems, have tools and pretty good mechanical talents and live in St. Charles, Mo. If you are staying on I-40 and overnight close I may be able to drop by and help you stumble through some of the systems.
Tim

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccctimtation:
I don't have one but am reasonably familiar with similar systems...
I sent you a PM with the info Tim. Good luck.

It's nice to see that we have members who are willing to help out. Smiler

Seeing that they're looking for basic info on some of the operating systems, you might want
to give them a copy of RV (2006) and tell them that's the RV bible/manual for their coach Big Grin

Not to diminish their current trials and tribulations... But, I just visualized Lorelei with the
same type of problems as Robin Williams and you're looking into a humorous thought. ROTFLMAO

Ooops Sorry, I have an active imagination. Computer

BTW, I sent them a current copy of the Barthmobile CD

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I bought my last tires in Arkansas here: Bobby Henard Tire Service Hwy 70 E, Brinkley, AR, 72021 870-734-1044.
They have the largest collection of tires you will ever see and they are the least expensive. I recommend them.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Tom, Talked to Lorelei last night. They were going to Bobby Henard this morning for tires based on your recommendation.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Happy to help. Anyone need defroster vents? We still have sets left. See the Plastic Defroster vents in the Swap Meet Section of the forums.
Tom

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I might be interested. Let me check them to see if they are cracked. Will be in touch.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Well, they were still having fun last night. I talked to them briefly and they were approaching Ok. City, OK and everything seemed fine.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Just talked to Lorelei, They got caught in the blizzards in Oklahoma west of Oklahoma City. I-40 is closed. Turned back and are going south on I-35 to Dallas and taking I-20 (the southern route) home. Coach still running and performing as it should. But why not it's a Barth. (Hope that don't jinx the trip). Smiler

Nick

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/09
Picture of Lorelei
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone!
We had quite a day yesterday. Almost lost the main awning as we were tooling along at 55 MPH on the freeway. We were on the phone with Nick at the time. We had to get out in freezing rain and hail and very high winds and try to tie it down. That didn't work, and I had to hang out the window to hold the awninhg down for ten miles or so, but eventually we found an abandoned farm with a fence tall enough for Tim to stand on and reach the roof. He seems to have figured out how to lock the awning down with a bungee cord. The effect of driving at 55 MPH and having your awning com unfurled to act like a parachute is strange. We didn't talk much the next few hours. Smiler

Thank you so much for answering all the questions and expressing your support.

We've changed our route, and are heading West on I 20 now. Just leaving Ft. Worth area this am Sat 3/28 at approx 10:15 am. It's slow going with the Detroit diesel Again, thanks for your support.

Posts: 38 | Location: Point Arena, CA | Member Since: 06-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Lorelei, If the awning is made by Zipdee, make sure the lock on each end is in the up and locked position. You should have a long aluminum rod to reach the locks. The locks are pulled down to unlock and roll out the awning. When you push up the lock, you may have to grab and shake the awning support arms a little to get the lock to "pop" into the locked position.

Nick

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Since they have dropped down south, if they continue across 10, and then 8, that means they will be coming thru Yuma AZ. I would be happy to fill them up with information or what ever. They do have to keep in mind the info may only be what they pay for it.

Anyway I do know coach systems pretty well. I even converted a bus in the past.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post