Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

30' Breakaway with mid entry
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Anybody here have a 30' side entry Breakaway? On mine, the passenger's chair can not be fully reclined or moved back because it hits the dinette chair. I have relocated the dinette chair as far to the rear as I can but it still in not in a good location for easy use. The dinette chair must be rotated around forward so that the passengere's chair reclines into the dinette seat, if the dinette seat is facing the table, the backs of the chairs hit each other when the passenger' chair is in a comfortable riding position.

Any ideas? Thanks

I am contemplating removing the dinette chair and making a long runner so that the passenger's chair can be rotated and moved back to serve as the dinette chair when at site.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Ed, I have the identical side entrance 30' setup as you. We rarely need to recline the front seat so it hasn't been an issue. I did remove the dinette chair closest to the entry door and in it's place I put a leather recliner with otoman...great for watching TV while my wife watches laying down on the couch. I would be interested to see what you come up with..

Larry and Heidi from CA

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
How 'bout moving the table forward - that's how my 28' Breakaway (front entrance) is - the passenger chair rotates to the table, and then there's room for a recliner.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
How 'bout moving the table forward...
When I was designing the interior in my coach I felt that the best way to utilize the space was to do just that. It gives you more room for the passenger and saves on floor space. Perfect for people with big feet. Cool

It's not a breakaway, but you get the idea...

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
We too have a 94 Breakaway but with the front entrance..the passenger seat swivels to comfortably access fold out dining table...I agree with the idea of just moving your dining table storage unit forward along with the second chair (ours is used as a dining chair and comfortable lounge chair as its not fastened to the floor) what you've got to deal with looks very awkward.

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the ideas! I had initially thought about moving the table forward but, we like the window to be available for both seated at the table, if the table is moved forward then there is no view fromt the passengers seat when rotated backwards.

The chair by the side entrance is a recliner and I like that, I watch TV from there while my wife stretches out on the coach!

I have a slide design that I am working with that will allow the table to remain in it's current position and the passenger's seat rotated and slid all the way back to the table and here is the "but" to that one, a lot of space will be not usable, to slide the seat back that area would have to be clear. maybe a movable storage unit or something. It must be kept simple because what we have to do now works but is not simple or convenient!

Again thanks, any bright ideas would be welcomed. I will post some pictures of the slide in a few weeks.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post