Tools
Reply To This Topic

Election Day
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
If "Barthmobile.com" was on the ballot, it would get my vote!

Maybe as a write-in? Big Grin

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I subscribe to tis position, so I voted "early and often"... Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Instead of early and often, we have dead people that vote in Memphis.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post
Your Attention Please

Due to the new climate of political correctness in our country, those of us in Missouri will no longer be referred to as Hillbillies!

We ask that you now refer to us as

OZARK-AMERICANS!

Thank You

Now if you will excuse us,

we have possums to fry.

Bill & Diane
1973 25'

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Stevson:
we have possums to fry.

A Southwind hillbilly takes home roadkill possum and cooks it up immediately.

A Barth hillbilly traps a live possum and feeds it cornmeal for a week to purge the garbage taste from the meat before killing and frying it.

A Prevost hillbilly feeds it polenta (with a little oregano) for a week, cuts into little pieces, breads it with spiced panko crumbs, and serves it as a fondue.

Oh yeah: Thread Drift Alert!

Spiced Panko Crumbs

4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)

2 tablespoons dried thyme

2 tablespoons dried basil

1 tablespoon powdered ginger

1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper

1 tablespoon ancho chile powder or regular chile powder

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Those are all nice recipes. But any Floridian knows the possum should be left on the road to age a bit, then served as Possum Tartare...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
That's really funny. Here in Minnesota it's been sold for years on a stick at the Minnesota State Fair.

Note: I have always used Panko with Walleye. It is best if you dip in milk, coat in four, dip in egg and then in the Panko. It helps keep the Panko on with the frying process. I season the Panko with Lowry's seasoned Salt.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Well folks, here you can buy possum canned! lol
If I had thought of it, I would have given Rusty a can when he visited here! sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:
Here in Minnesota it's been sold for years on a stick at the Minnesota State Fair.
And...
quote:
Originally posted by sky:
Well folks, here you can buy possum canned!
If we have a Barth rally, will, ah, it be served there too?

GiftLog.com

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
I dreamed about possum last night.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
bill h; what wine do you think best with possum? I could have a large supply if i was to think about it, 100 yards to Calument River, 50 yards to large town park and neighbors with open top garbage cans. JKB 88 regal 28' 454 All who wander are not lost

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLOOP JOHN B:
bill h; what wine do you think best with possum?

If done the Prevost way, a Riesling or Gewurtztraminer would balance out the spices well.

If done the Barth way, with a smoked Gouda on the side, a nice crisp Chardonney works. If a spicy tomato sauce is used for dipping, then beer works. Grolsch or Zipfer.

Geeze!

And think...........Thread drift is a capital offense on some forums.

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Drifting from politics is not drifting its the best way. Now as to Gouda, thats a great plan. Next Barthmobile convention , I will bring a wheel from a small cheese factory outside of
Monroe Wisconsin. Who has a good cracker to go with it? I known Bill Stevson has a good Cherry wine to go with another dish. JKB

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post