Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1970 barth survives trip
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09
Picture of Steve Sorrentino
posted
Hi everybody,Well,we got our new girl back to California without an incident,can you believe that.All that preparation for the worse and not even a belt.The only thing we had to do was replace the old tires.We kept the split rims(not widowmakers) and tightened the old belts and off we went.we drove about 500 miles a day.total trip was 2,200 miles.The 350 ran like a kitten.Average milage was right at 10 mpg.Hope to increase that with a few tune up tricks.I was very pleased with the handling and over all performance of the barth,even in high winds,just drove smooth and quiet all the way home.Looking forward to going through all the systems and getting her ready for a real pleasure trip.We have family in Georgia,Oklahoma and Arkansas.We caught a lot of flack taking the I80 route and bypassing family,but we thought it best to take the easy route home.So next trip will probably be the southern route.Anyway, thanks to the support of this group we survived our trip and look forward to meeting some new friends on or future trips.Thanks again,Steve and Danel Sorrentino

Posts: 60 | Location: Grass Valley CA. | Member Since: 07-24-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Great news gang. Thanks for the report.

You must be ecstatic! Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/13
Picture of herbjohns
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on an uneventful trip! On a maiden voyage that's the best way. It's good to have another Barth on the left coast. Maybe we can one day have our own G.T.G. in California.

Herb Johns

1989 32' Regency, Cat 3208TA, Gillig Chassis

1989 32' Regency (RDG-B)
Gillig Chassis
Cat 3208TA
Sanger, CA, USA

~ ~Data Tag~ ~
8901-0113-32RDG-B

Posts: 75 | Location: Sanger, CA, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
glad you made it that must have been exciting I do not know anything about split rims do you need a inner tube? Have you joined the club yet it is worth every penny as far as I know no set amount just good donations.that way you can take full advantage of all of the forums.photobucket.com is free. The cd is very informative.the picture of your coach is very nice is that your back yard? Sorry I have a lot of questions.I think your coach is NEAT.

lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heres a couple of pictures of the 70 barth.Not bad for a 39 year old coach Cool

Posts: 60 | Location: Grass Valley CA. | Member Since: 07-24-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Steve, that tag is in great shape. You can tell me where on the coach is it mounted. Is it interior or exterior.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Scott Stewart
posted Hide Post
I Love this Barth! Eeker Congratulations! What a find! I put an ad on Craigslist to find mine. "WANTED UGLY MOTORHOME PRE 1975" and I thought I got a steal? This unit is priceless. I have 4 kids, a wife, and a 29' 1974 Barth I will trade even up?

Scott Stewart
612-490-3399

Posts: 46 | Location: Minnesota | Member Since: 06-13-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Nick,The tag is on the exterior at the front driver side wheel well.It looks to me like its just a plastic laminate.This coach was very well preserved.Let me know if there's any other photos you'd like me to share. Thanks Steve

posted Hide Post
Hi Scott, hmmSounds like a pretty fair trade,Send me pictures of her undercarriage and well talk turkey. nono

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it OK! toast

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Sorrentino:
Let me know if there's any other photos you'd like me to share.
All of them! Thumbs Up

BTW: Send me this picture of your coach as large as you can send it to. The BIGGER THE BETTER

Send it as an attachment to...

bill_ny@barthmobile.com

If it is large enough, I want to use that picture as one of the months in our new calendar.

Please send all of the others photos to our upload site.

Thanks Steve!!!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi bill,That picture was taken at a rest stop in utah,we took similar pictures at other scenic rest stops. Well try to get more pictures in the photobucket for the group to see. ConfusedNot real sure at this point how to send the larger picture,but with your help well get them over.Thanks Steve

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
no wonder you were not afraid to drive it home great coach
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill,
I just put a BUNCH of pic's on photo bucket, as per request. Hope all enjoy. Smiler
Lot's of pic's of her once we got her home & Steve gave her a nice long bath!! Wink

By the way we were planning to name the baby Kleo, but now I think Steve is leaning twards "BARTHA". D'oh just kidding. ROTFLMAO

Have a great day everyone, Danel

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
What a real nice coach you guys have there... I'm sure I speak for most when I say that I am a teeny bit jealous. Wink

You truly do have a nice coach Thumbs Up

I know exactly how you feel! cheers

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis