Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1970 barth survives trip
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
I Love it!!!!...Prepare yourself for non-stop questions, admiring glances and comments at every campground you use...Based on my experiences, the answers are:

1. No, it's aluminum, not stainless steel

2 No, it's not an Airstream prototype......

Ya got a real gem there - enjoy!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09
Picture of Steve Sorrentino
posted Hide Post
OOOPs, I dont know what I did..
I didn't attach those pic's to a post, so I'm not sure how they made it on this site. I thought I just put them in photobucket. Ooops

thanks for the compliments though, We're very happy with her!!

Danel

Posts: 60 | Location: Grass Valley CA. | Member Since: 07-24-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Sorrentino:
I didn't attach those pic's to a post, so I'm not sure how they made it on this site.
There's this crazy guy (bill ny) who runs the website... He's a little bit of a nut-job... If something doesn't look right, he'll go into your post and mess with it.

He never changes the words in a post, he just enhances it. If he's on, it usually takes him less than 12 minutes to do that or respond to a post. In this instance, he installed all of those picture links for you because you had a little problem doing it yesterday... Oh yeah, he fixed those links yesterday too. Just ignore him, he means you no harm. Computer

BTW: If you need help figuring out a feature or function on our site, just click his...
"Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message"
...in his signature profile (or email too) and he'll help you by phone or through a PM session.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill, I'm glad to hear it was you!!!
I thought I was gonna get a scolding for taking up so much space.

I did have my suspicions about you though. Razzer

Thanks for being so helpful, you've made joining the group alot of fun.

Danel Sorrentino

Posts: 60 | Location: Grass Valley CA. | Member Since: 07-24-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Sorrentino:
I did have my suspicions about you though. Razzer
Your suspicions have been confirmed. Big Grin

No one will ever get in trouble for posting pictures of a Barth related item on our site. Please post away, we all enjoy seeing these coaches. Your coach is really neat because of how retro and clean everything is. You really got a great deal.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Steve, great write up of your trip and the obstacles you overcame without too much difficulty.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK,So there was one little incident on the road while crossing the salt flats in utah,I was pacing a train choo chooing on down the road at about 60 mph when all of a sudden we heard a terrible clanking sound on the exterior of the coach,our awnning had lifted out of its lock possition due to the crazy cross wind and had came unraveled,Thanks to danels quick reaction,she reached out the passanger window and got control of the mast before any damage occured,Thats the picture of me on top of the coach after rolling that sucker back up in about 50 mph winds.Talk about lucky,I invisioned the whole side of the barth ripped appart. D'oh That will be on my check list from now on.Any way Danel gets the good co pilot of the day award for that one.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
get the awning lock downs they are worth it.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Even though it's an inconvenience, we've started zip tying our rails(we have the hooks too). This was implemented after I saw a class C driving down Hwy 11 heading south from Sweetwater, TN with his awning fully unfurled & oblivious to it. I was going to turn around & go after him but he was going too fast & I figured it flapping in the wind or someone would get his attention soon. He may have just launched himself off the side of the road for all I know. Our awning is on its last leg & it won't be long before we will have to replace it. Not looking forward to the expense of that. Love your coach.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Honestly, the body looks to be in better condition than my 1992 Regency. Was it kept in a nitrogen filled compartment for the last thirty yearsSmiler

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
An awning will unroll whether or not the arms are secured. The roller must be prevented from unrolling. A number of ways to do that are on this site.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
WOW, what a gem y'all got there. She looks to be in FABULOUS shape, and soooooo clean. The pics were all wonderful, with the beautiful scenery, looks to be the best coach at the campground there. Have some great adventures there you guys and girls, coach is really a treasure! Thumbs Up

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
re. awning
My awning had a latch type mechanism at the end of the roll, when this was in the "lock" position nothing or nobody was going to unroll that baby. I would think that all awnings would have something similar.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
re. awning
My awning had a latch type mechanism at the end of the roll, when this was in the "lock" position nothing or nobody was going to unroll that baby. I would think that all awnings would have something similar.

I know for sure that the older A&E would open, arms secured or not. Usually, it involves mountain or desert gusty quartering crosswinds. The present owner of my previous SOB experienced this, even though he had strapped the arms. He realized it in time and stopped. He thought it was a fluke until it happened again a few years later. He now locks the roller with the hook I gave him with the coach.

A number of other owners have had the same thing happen. That is why there are several makers of awning roller locks out there. Some of their sites have pictures.

The later A&E awnings have an improved ratchet, and can be identified by a very positive-sounding clicking as the awning is pulled open. Of course, A&E never admitted that the old design was weak, but the improvement speaks for itself. Despite the improvement, I have heard of it opening, so I lock our roller, just to be sure.

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
While out messing around getting the Euro ready for Dega and other adventures, I thought about this post and the disagreement I have with bill pertaining to the A&E awning. bill states that securing the posts with tie-wraps will not prevent the awning from opening under certain conditions. Here's my take and reasoning. The outer rail is connected at the bottom of the coach with a hinge set-up. The inner [tension] rail is connected to the top of the coach, again with a hinge set-up. Now picture the awning furled with the inner rail inside the outer rail up tight to the coach. If I have secured the two rails with a very heavy tie wrap in the upper area of the rails, how could the awning unfurl without a major catastrophic failure. I'm not sure what the test failure is on a 1/2 inch zippy but I think you could pull a decent size car with it. So if the zippy holds, and the complete awning assembly doesn't part company with the coach, how could the awning possibly unfurl?
bill, this is not an attempt to start an arguement, I just really want to know.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post