Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

We bought the mobile office/command center
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of jausenclaus
posted
I posted in the Sightings area, but thought I'd introduce myself here. My husband and I will be picking up the much discussed Barth mobile office/command center on Saturday. We're pretty excited about it. My husband has his uses for it, but we bought it primarily to use as a vehicle for my digital project business, which includes helping individuals with organizing, scanning photos, as well as my consultant business with an online digital storybooking publishing company. I'm even hoping to allow fellow consultants to rent it for workshops, or digicrops. We will probably keep it pretty much intact, just some cosmetics to make it more elegant and appealing for female clients, but simple enough for my husband's uses too. We live on a farm south of Dallas, so if we're ever able to take a vacation some day (too many animals) in the future, we'd like to retrofit it for both camping and the business use. I read a lot on this forum after we posted our first bid and I didn't realize I was actually getting something so unique. I had been looking at vintage trailers, but hated the idea of gutting them for my business use. This was perfect when we saw it. I just hope the mechanical problems do not prove to be too much of a headache.

Suze and Charles

Posts: 9 | Location: Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas | Member Since: 11-28-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the sale and welcome to Barthmobile.com

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Hey Suze and Charles!

Welcome to the ultimate RV site that just happens to be devoted to Barth Custom Coaches. When you notice there aren't just members here but many visitors also, you realize the visitors come here to find information on their "SOB" (Something Other than Barth) that they can't find elsewhere. Something for everyone regardless of what you own.

I sent you a message via eBay (towergnt), glad you had already found this site.

Again, welcome to the Barth family.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jausenclaus
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the welcome. We brought "Digi" home on December 1st. We spent a couple of hours trying to get the generator to work before we brought her home. We're going to have to get a fuel pump to get the generator to work. It would start but not stay on. Apparently it sat a little too long. Other than that and a few minor details, she looks pretty good, but needs a thorough cleaning. My husband drove her back from Houston and said she drove and rode fine, except for the winds, so he had to keep her at 60-65 coming back. I don't know if she's taller than most, but her clearance is listed at 12.5'. The cabinets all across the top look like they've never been used. There are places for 5 workstations in the back and a fold out table for the passenger seat.

The carpet is filthy and greasy. I want to replace it or put in vinyl. My husband says no, its too difficult to do that, so we'll see. All of the vinyl pieces in the vehicle need to be replaced because they are peeling away. The ceiling is padded and vinyl and looks really nice. But, it needs a thorough cleaning too. The fan in the bathroom needs to be replaced, and I'd like to replace the toilet with one of the nicer looking toilets that you see on trailers now. The covers on the air conditioners are yellowed by smoke, so hopefully we can either clean them or maybe get replacement covers.

My 5 year old son is enamored with her, but so far we can't let him ride in it because of the seatbelt situation. It also needs a third seat so that all three of us can ride in it. So, if anyone has suggestions on this, I'd love to hear them. We're also going to look at some way to put a bed in there if we can ever go camping. There's not enough room under the cabinets, but if we can find some way to support a mattress in the center, we can probably put an air mattress on top of the counters and have a raised bed.

My husband was taking it to show off to his State Guard friends yesterday and had a blow out in the front tire. We didn't check tire pressure and apparently the seller didn't check it either. Although the tires looked fairly new they were way underinflated. It does need a new spare too, and state inspection.

Well, I guess that's all. The only problem I see now is that he and his Guard buddies are going to hijack it for their radio play.

Suze

Posts: 9 | Location: Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas | Member Since: 11-28-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
If your genny will run as long as the start button is pressed, but stops when it is released, have the voltage regulator checked. Mine has a new, unused, unnecessary fuel pump sitting in the goody box because I didn't check the voltage regulator first.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
posted Hide Post
Another thing to consider on the Generator is the oil pressure switch. My onan will not stay running until the oil pressure switch see's enough pressure. This is a good thing if it were to every loose pressure the generator will automaticly turn off.

Concerning seatbelts, I installed automotive seats with intergral seat belts. It was a fair amount of trouble but worth it.

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Do you think that this is an old ad or did they give up less then a month later?

RV Trader

I guess, it could be a sister ship...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
Do you think that this is an old ad or did they give up less then a month later?

RV Trader

I guess, it could be a sister ship...

Or an identical twin, considering they both have inop park brakes.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jausenclaus
posted Hide Post
No, its an old ad from the original guy. She's sitting out in front of our barn right now. We haven't done much with her yet. We don't plan to sell her for a while.

Suze