Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hey Noob Goldberg
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Who is that man? Or is it Rube?

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My old username was being used by others in some of the other forums I frequented, so I figured it was time for an identity change. Rube Goldberg is a personal hero, and often the result of many of my projects Smiler

For those curious as to the origins of this username, this will give a background: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg

Posts: 45 | Location: Canada | Member Since: 03-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, but, who are you? Cool

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Does it mean you've given up your smokes too??
Liked Players Plain meself ... about 40 years ago!
Don
quote:
Originally posted by Noob Goldberg:
Sorry, i was pl 77 Smiler

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, I haven't smoked players in a number of years, although I do still entertain that vice periodically. With the price of smokes in Canada now, it's impossible to be a full time smoker :P

Posts: 45 | Location: Canada | Member Since: 03-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
where in Canada are you? Or is that priveleged

Great stuff though, appreciate the great info and input as I have been looking for a couple of years and am finally ready to move on my dream coach.So we now have a new contributor with an alias. Keep up the great stuff!

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Neil,

I'm in Southwestern Ontario now, but it's the third province I've lived in, and I'll probably end out back out west again in the near future. Too much money in Alberta to stay away Smiler

Glad you're finding this site helpful in your search for the dream Barth. Let us know which one you choose!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, i was pl 77 Smiler

Dang, and my money was on Sergeant Preston, RCMP... Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least you didn't think of me as Dudley-Dooright!

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Or Nelson Eddy. Smiler

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
At least you didn't think of me as Dudley-Dooright!

No offense (or "offence") meant, but no one mortal could live up to those standards. Back in my college days, when a sophomore, our room was called "Rocky and Friends" - one roommate, since deceased, was "Rocky", another was Boris Badinoff (whom he looked like), and I was Dudley, being buff, blond, and generally perfect...at least in my mind's eye...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my minds eye I'm Brad Pitt, but in the mirror I'm closer to Archie Bunker. I prefer to remain deluded Wink

With the exception of my lovely wife, I have not been in contact with any of my college roommates since we separated at the end of the semester. Roommate relationships became much easier after I married the roommate Smiler

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Having been a sophomore at the U S Naval Academy, and having subsequently graduated therefrom, marrying one's roommate was not acceptable...besides, Boris was kind of ugly, although he's aged extremely well...he's no more ugly than he was in '62. Rocky, (my roommate in '63-'64 as well), unfortunately, is deceased, and no details have been released by the Pentagon.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
While I have no idea how Boris' situation turned out, I have noticed that often the 'ugly' guys do end up marrying beautiful women. Maybe Boris, like me, lucked out Wink

In all honesty, I married my wife and then became college roommates. Even though I was at a fairly liberal institution, coed dorm room habitation was still a no-no; the only way around that was to either get married or move off campus, and I couldn't give up my 5 minute walk to the library Wink