Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

propane genset
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted
We have a propane genset in our 93 breakaway that has been discontinued and are having problems getting oil filters any suggestions?

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don,
What filter brand and # is on the genset now? What is the make and model of the genset?

------------------
Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' P-30 454

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
I have an Onan 6.5 gasoline. I didn't like paying $12/per Onan OEM filter so I went to AutoZone and we matched the filter to their STP brand. There aren't a lot of cross reference #'s for Onan filters. We opened a lot of boxes and finally found the one. It's also a tad bit longer which makes it easier to install.

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
NAPA is usually good for matching filters.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Ok, how about posting some numbers of those filters for us that haven't done the hard part of looking for an alternative. TIA

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don, If your unit is a Dometic, like the one on my 93 Breakaway, Dometic sold that part of their business to Schwalm & Associates in Chino, California years ago. Their phone number is 1-800-237-4318. I recently called Schwalm and was able to get a wiring schematic for my Kwyatt 7.0. They might be able to help find a filter. Please let us know what you find out.
Stu Allen

Posts: 52 | Location: Staunton VA | Member Since: 01-27-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
The oil filter for the Dometic 7KW is a Purolator L14476. The engine is a Dihatsu.
My genset had 450hrs. on it and I don't think the oil had ever been changed. We went through the whole motorhome and changed every filter including 2 internal tranmission filters, the power steering filter, everything. Also all the liquids.
this is in preperation to a trip to the parks out west.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post