Forums    General Discussions    Trip Report (long, no Barth content)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Trip Report (long, no Barth content)
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We drove the new SoB to MO for a family visit on Monday. Rained the whole time we were there and sleeping under the FG roof was as good as under the Al Barth roof. Snuggly-snozin'.

Left early this morning heading to Paris Landing State Park in TN. The I-155 connector to Dyersburg takes you across the MS river and some very flat, open farm land. Wind was gusting at a reported 50MPH at my three o'clock. The Monaco handled the direct side blasts well but the Carefree of Colorado 18' awning did not! Da*n! A video of me rasslin' that puppy from atop the 12' coach in high winds would have made someone cash-money at AFV. After exhausting all my wire ties and patience we limped into a welcome center and proceeded to strip the awning off. If anyone needs any parts, it's in the scrap heap near Dyersburg! Calling my trusty AllState GoodHands people was a freakin joke. Five layers of "if you want service, press 1 now" and all I managed to get was a recorded "we will call your number back within 10-minutes". An hour later, I was in the cut & chop mode. I still got a score to settle with those SoB's (and that's not the abbreviation for "something other than Barth"!

Hey Dog, you still wanna do some tradin?

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Jeez Ron, if I didn't feel that you were a member of the family, after all you enlightened with your swell electrical prowess in the past. My, I really will cough up my cranberries tomorrow thinking of you manicled to the Monaco on the morrow. Allow, me to be the first to hope that you will be made whole, AND YOU WILL SEE THE ERROR OF YOUR WAYS AND BUY ANOTHER BARTH.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AMEN

Posts: 25 | Location: Belle Vernon Pa. | Member Since: 11-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Obviously, raising up the ire of the motorhome gods by buying an s.o.b. is something that should not by trifled with by us mere mortals......As for me and my family, we'll keep our Barth and enjoy years of totally trouble-free service.......

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No Mercy! :-) But then again, I didn't expect any from this crowd. :-)

I admit that I was thinking the whole time :"My ZipDee never had a problem like this". :-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ron:

Hey Dog, you still wanna do some tradin?

How much boot you got? Barthalamew continues to serve us well and asks little in return. Perhaps, when you have the notes down to 12, have died the carpet to match the Merlot, as well as other Monica type stains, and banished all the mechanical/electrical gremlins, we shall discuss this matter further. What a ghastly and traumatic experience this must have been on the maiden shake down cruise. Is this item of damage not covered in the warranty? Shall I send a Xanax or two, or perhaps a week's supply of Cozaar, my friend?
Gosh, and diesel just topped $2.20 per gallon last week while gasoline dropped to $1.70. Barthalamew wishes Monica L. a speedy recovery and a juicy turkey.

Your best friend, the dog

PS: What kind of nut tours in 50 MPH winds?

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL, I sure as he11 didn't intend to get into that kind of wind. It kind of caught me unawares. Diesel was 1.99 in MO. Still 20-cents higher than 87 though! Of course, when I am getting 13.78MPG, I can live with the higher costs........you believe that don't you? :-)

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
When we were coming thru Nebraska we got hit with gusty side winds and even though i slowed down 20 miles an hour we still lost our 16 ft. Zip Dee window shade. It is now residing in our hallway and bedroom till i have time to replace it....did not even bother to call the insurance co. Was loads of fun getting it cut loose and off the bus!!! Had to find a windbreak about a 1/2 mile down the road before i could finally get it all down. Not real fond of Neb.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Last summer I bought 3 new ZipDee window awnings . They came with a positive latch which can be bought from ZipDee as a separate item. Its inclusion suggests that window awnings blowing off is not uncommon. I bought a latch for the patio awning as well.

It's a simple item, consisting of a loop riveted to the coach, and a hook bolted to the metal awning cover. The hook has an eye in which the awning wand is inserted, to swivel the hook in and out of the riveted loop to latch & unlatch it.

It wouldn't work with a fabric awning cover, but Bill H's solution would. The factory latch is, no doubt more expensive than Bill's idea, but it doesn't require spring or bungee cord tension to hold it

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post