Forums    General Discussions    Posting technical data, pictures, PDF files etc.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Posting technical data, pictures, PDF files etc.
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Dave-Bill, First of all bear with me as I try to explain myself - I'm not that computer savy. Is it or could it be possible for members to use your server for posting the topic items? I know other sites allow you to. Maybe have a file area setup in your server and indicated on the site were you could attached stuff from members, scanned technical documents, pictures of their Barths and modifications they made to them. I guess I'm saying a place to dump stuff that could be useful or interesting to all the members. Bill could peruse the data first hand and then allow it be be accessed. Does this come thru clear enough to understand?

------------------
Barth Wannabe
Nick and Glo

Posts: 34 | Location: Brandenburg, KY USA | Member Since: 02-15-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Nick,

Yes that is very possible to do. But allow a little history.

This website was created by my "16 year old neighbor girl Rachael, now a 20 year old full ride scholarship 1560 SAT at Adelphi College in New York" The site is hosted by my friend Jim(Rachael's dad) in his basement. When ever I want some changes made like the front splash page then I call Sarah (Rachael's just as smart sister who is now 16) and she makes the changes. When ever I get a $10 donation from you guys it goes to Sarah. When she changed the last image on the front she got $25 which was the total of the previous 6 months donations.

Now I did check with a local guy here who does website, (actually a friend of my daughter who is also a genius but not at computers..darn) to do just that. It would cost hundreds of dollars which I don't have for that purpose. So for the near future emailing me and having me email them to you is the best we can do. And, I really don't mind. Since I can't offer much in the way of tech advise this is the least I can do so you folks will still think I am valuable around here.

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited March 07, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post