Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rand McNally TripMaker RVND 5510 GPS
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
Rand McNally has introduced a new RV specific GPS. Sounds very interesting. If anyone has purchased one and has any feedback, please let us all know what you think about it.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I almost bought accessories & an update for my garmin the other day around $125+ & Jim was looking for a pocket camera yesterday around $150+. Jim is up for a new cell phone & wanted to look at a droid x2, which we just did. The sales girl had one & showed me some of what it could do. Today I will not be buying any new GPS anything & Jim will not be buying a pocket camera. Her pics were very good & every app she had on the thing she downloaded for free. she said most apps that cost are the ones that have name brands; her example-a woman came in & wanted to add weight watchers calorie counter app. It cost a few bucks, the sales girl found a generic calorie counting app & downloaded for free. She showed me her gps/maps app & it out performed my garmin. She surfed the web for a phone #, clicked the # & called all on the same machine. Jim even mentioned getting rid of our computers but I'm going for that. They are large & somewhat cumbersome if you like to carry in your pocket but I'm probably going to get one when I'm due for a new one.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Tere,

I've had a GPS driving program on my Blackberry for a couple of years and it is very convenient. The downside I find is the battery gives up quickly when tracking on GPS. It makes sense as the GPS is constantly transmitting and receiving, as if you were on an active call. Of course, you can plug it in all the time, but somehow that doesn't occur to me with my phone and then I find it's dead when I need it. The other irritation was the small screen, but I could live with that.

That's my experience.

As far as replacing my laptop, no way. There's just too many reasons to have a full keyboard, large screen, good speakers for me to consider that, but many people do find it acceptable.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post