Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

67 trailer restoration
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Anyone have a copy of Bob Barths signature.
This one was found on the door frame.
Just wondering if he signed it.

Posts: 13 | Location: Connecticut | Member Since: 03-16-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Would be nice if it could be authenticated, then have similar wooden plaques made and sold on our site.

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
I just sent an email to Cathy VanLanginham. She is Bob Barth's niece and has attended a couple of our Milford GTGs.

I asked Cathy to PM both of you by Private Message to see if she could help you. If you don't hear from her soon send me a PM and I'll give her a call.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MJ56
posted Hide Post
Way cool to find that. Even cooler if it can be a visible part of your restoration. Thumbs Up

Posts: 84 | Location: NW IN | Member Since: 09-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can see two scenarios
1- signed by Bob Barth
2- company delivering supplies put the name on a stack of aluminum to be shipped.

Posts: 13 | Location: Connecticut | Member Since: 03-16-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Cool! I think it might be his signature. How's the work on the trailer going?

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This should scare any DIY fans

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
I think that's what you call a frame off restoration! Good Luck

Ed.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
I just sent the picture to Bob Barth's niece, Cathy Vanlanginham hoping she can identify it.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I resized and uploaded both photos to the Barth Photobucket, because we try to preserve expensive forum space. More pix, please resize to 8" and send to me. Thanks!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Just heard from Bob Barth's daughter, Cathy VL. I had the kinship wrong and thought she was his niece. Oops. Roll Eyes

Anyhow, she is excited, says it definitely is her father's signature and so I'm sending her an email with this post in it. Hopefully she'll be on the Forums in this thread shortly.

Lou

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Samthetileman:
This should scare any DIY fans

HOLY COW confusion
You're another STEVE VW

That was really cool for Lou to verify you actually have Mr. Barth's signature.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lou .
Very cool to have that verified by his daughter.

Picture of Todd
posted Hide Post
Sam
That's a longer process than what I did. I have a 67 Barth 19' that I totally gutted down to the floor & ribs. It is all new now on the inside. I picked this trailer up in Waterford 3 years ago from the original owners son.
I am on LI. Where in CT are you?
Todd
516 527 1824 cell

Posts: 68 | Location: Bay Shore,New York | Member Since: 03-22-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post