Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

For the Love of the Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
I was browsing old forum messages and came upon a thread about a member who moved house from Florida to Tennesee because local bylaws wouldn't allow him to park his Barth in his own driveway. Shows the passion people have for these coaches. His wife even asked if he had to choose between her and the Barth??? Stickhandle your response or what??
Anyway. Reminded me of an old joke.

Seems a man and a friend are playing golf. One of the guys is about to chip on to the green when he sees a funeral procession on the road next to the course.
He stops in mid swing, takes off his hat and bows his head in prayer. His friend says: "Wow that is the most touching thing I've ever seen. You are truly a kind man."
The other replies: "Yeah, well we were married for 45 years."
TTFN
Don

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Problem is, by wife loves golf more than I do, and she may be the one tipping the hat, especially since she's 20 years younger than I am. When I flew to Arizona to bring home to Charlotte, Jon Bourke's 85 Regal, she told her friends that I had found a new wife. She really was quited serious and I had to do some soul searching and get my prioriites straightened out. Barth's are great but they're lousy bed partners.

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
My Barth will never replace my wife, but she is a demanding (and rewarding) mistress.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
I'm guilty,yes it was me that moved from Florida to Tennessee mainly because I couldn't walk outside and play(work)with "The Toy" And yes,(in the beginning)Mary was not aware of my intentions. And yes,a tractor/trailer totaled my new car the first time we tried to get to Cookville(never been here before, found it via the computer).Came back, bought a home, went back to Florida, got hit with hurricane Charlie, had to fix the damage before I could sell it. Had to lose the home in Tennessee, came back and bought another home and just last week we had the driveway extended and paved to accommodate "THE TOY"(another $3500.00 of my children's inheritance money). But seriously, I love my Barth.....(and Mary too) and Florida was just too hot and crowded and Cookeville is just about perfect for us to finish our retirement. OH!! WHAT A PERSON WILL DO FOR A BARTH...............carl

"THE TOY" 88 33'Regal SE Coach #3448

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post