Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1981 Barth 30' Euro
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi All,
I have been lurking on this sight for quite sometime and have gained much knowledge about
not only Barth's but motorhomes in general.
I inherited a 1981 Barth 30' Euro from my father-in-law that I absolutely love. I liked it from the first time I saw it. It is in very good condition but has been stored for many years so I am going through all the normal stuff like hoses,belts, air bags etc. etc. Anyway here is my problem, someone with another motorhome at my storage facility caught the rear bumper on it while pulling out. Needless to say it is not pretty, bent outwards and cracked badly at
the mounting bolts. Is there a snowballs chance of finding another bumper for this?
I am really upset about this as the body AND bumpers were excellent. To add insult to injury I had just washed it and waxed it!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

[This message has been edited by ATKpilot (edited November 04, 2004).]

Posts: 10 | Member Since: 10-07-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
If the Euro uses the standard aluminum extruded bumper, a skilled aluminum welder with argon shielded equipment should be able to straighten it and weld,grind & polish the crack to a barely noticeable condition....Have any aircraft airframe shops nearby?...They make aluminum tears, cracks & breaks disappear all the time....

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have any aircraft airframe shops nearby?...They make aluminum tears, cracks & breaks disappear all the time....[/b][/QUOTE]
I have an equipment repair place near by and
several airports, good idea I will check around.

thanks

[This message has been edited by ATKpilot (edited November 04, 2004).]

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Geez, how many pilots do we have on this site. Not me, I don't like to fly, but I bet we must have 5 or 10 regular pilots, a couple three racecar drivers, a motor cycle racer or two.

When I realized that bumpers were a problem I went to my local body fender guy and he echod the above statement. He said he could fix even two pieces to the point where you can't even tell.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davebowers:
Geez, how many pilots do we have on this site. Not me, I don't like to fly, but I bet we must have 5 or 10 regular pilots, a couple three racecar drivers, a motor cycle racer or two.

When I realized that bumpers were a problem I went to my local body fender guy and he echod the above statement. He said he could fix even two pieces to the point where you can't even tell.

Hi Dave,
my username is actually for my motorcycle racing. I race an ATK 605cc dirt bike and it flies!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Barth bumpers were for sale on this site in November 2003. May well be still be for sale.
https://www.barthmobile.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000270.html

And further reference made by our own Dave Bowers

quote:
This guy Dan Robinson has two new bumpers for sale.

Dan Robinson, phone 574-267-3427 Cell 574-551-8814

I would however, first check with your body and fender guy. It is unbelievable what they can do with aluminum. My guy says they can take two pieces put them together and you wouldn't be able to tell.

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did he give you a price?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hi Pilot, Welcome! We have an 81 28' Euro that we love. Not too many of these glassnose beasts around as far as I can tell. If you can get a picture to Dave he's good at putting them up so we can see. You might be able to see mine if you can get back to a post called 81 glassnose. It's a great coach, and while not cheap to keep up, worth every cent. My knowledge is free, and the other guys on this site know a heck of a lot more than me, so you're at the right place.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post