Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

insurance
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
Check www.millerrvinsurance.com - this is an independent agency that's recommended and/or affiliated with both FMCA and Escapees.

I used them when I last insured an RV, after an exhaustive search for the best price and coverage. They were clear winners for me, although I've no personal claims experience with them.

They've been doing RV insurance (nearly exclusively) for 23 years, have an informative website, and offer a more personal approach than any of the big companies could.

BTW, I have no connection to or with them.

They're in the neighboring town of Lake Oswego, write coverage nationally, and are very well regarded by their customers - AFAIK.

Rick, a WTB

Posts: 15 | Location: portland, oregon, usa | Member Since: 11-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information Rick. I sent them a request. I do not know if they insure in New Jersey, but it is worth a try! How about anyone else out there? Anybody have National Interstate insurance? At half the price of the well known insurers, it seems to good to be true....
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
I was 'not renewed' by my insurance mid trip, stranded in a park with no insurance to drive. They gave me 4 weeks notice, but that was absorbed by my mail forward delay. I had claims for road service with collateral damage. My road service was with the insurance company, and was a good service.

I got a quote from Progressive which was very high ($2000 ??) because they considered the claims to be 'at fault' as did the other insurance company.

I finally resorted to my auto insurance State Farm. They normally do not take motorhomes but did so because of customer loyality, I think. I disclosed true history to them as all companies because to not do so can put your entire policy in jeopardy in case of an accident. I have even been reimbursed for a mobile service call to replace fuel filter that Coachnet denied.

My Barth rate with State Farm is approx. $500/yr, (too lazy to get up and look, as I have stiff/sore muscles from solar panel installation!). The down side is that in case of a total-out the insurance is not for pre-appraised value, but replacement value.

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
First---Rick, I tried Miller and they do not insure in New Jersey, which isn't hard to believe. Second---I just insured with National Interstate, as it sems that they are one of the few that DO insure RV's here. As I posted before...GMAC wanted $1200 a year, Foremost wanted $980 a year and National Interstate was $530 a year all for the same basic coverage. Just a FYI for those who may be looking. I certainly hope I never need to use it!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Miller doesn't insure in every state - I didn't have a list handy, but seem to recall they did write in 37 +/- other states. They also show up at many major gatherings and rallies.

A really worthwhile thing on their website are the "Miller Articles" from www.millerrvinsurance.com that cover how , how much and whys of RV specific coverage.

Sorry it didn't work for you guys, but it may be useful to others.

Rick, a WTB

Posts: 15 | Location: portland, oregon, usa | Member Since: 11-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post