Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Just a Quick "Hello"
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello Group...
Just a note of introduction for Doc and Katie. We are proud new owners of a 1989 Barth Regency Diesel finalized yesterday (4/15/04). I was pleased to find there was a group of Barth owners/Wannabees!
I'm a Concert Organist and Professor of Music and Katie is a semi-Retired Goldsmith and custom Jewelery designer. She has MS and I am just Old(60) and Fat. Good to be with you and looking forward to meeting you all. Anything I can help with, just ask.
Thanks...

Dr. David M. Ashbolt

Posts: 2 | Location: Battle Creek, MI | Member Since: 04-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Doc & Katie,

Welcome to the group!.....Since you now own & operate a clone of my "next" Barth, I'll be interested in your future postings....

You'll find a wealth of information here...Dave, our moderator, has tons of info and sources at his fingertips, shares them in a heartbeat and runs a first-class site.

Bill h can supply you with torque settings for the muffler hangar bolts by year, model and color, as well as anything else you need to know in the technical area.....

Many of us are just Barth lovers, and enjoy pontificating about our toys and sharing information. We may not always be right, but we're never in doubt!........

Best of luck in your new adventures......!

Lee
Wash. DC
'79/24'/P30/454

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Doc & Katie - Welcome

Lee nailed it describing this group. I'm a recent Barth owner, having been a wannabe since 1969. Been playing with cars/boats/airplanes/RVs since 1944.

Fat? - From some of the confessions I've read on this site, you've got lots of company.

Old? - Hey man - you're the age of my oldest kid.

Roy F. Wilson
Sequim, WA - '90 33' Regal SE - P30 - 454

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lee,

I'll undoubtedly need lots of help. The Coach is a 38' built on a Gillig Chassis and has a 3208 Cat and Allison Tranny. The interior is like new but the paint job was done very poorly and will need to be striped and redone. Everything works! Amazing.

Lee,

Thanks for the age comment. Sometimes it feels like I'm a good deal older!

Its great to be aboard and am looking forward to meeting the group.

Doc

Posts: 2 | Location: Battle Creek, MI | Member Since: 04-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Roy, we don't say "fat" here.

I prefer to think of myself as "built like a Barth".

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Bill, I'd never refer to you as fat. I've met you. I'd be more inclined to say, "rugged and firmly muscled."
Roy

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
OOOOOOOOOOOOH, I like that.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
Rubenesque works for me.>grin<

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I don't want to remark on my rotund cross section but as Louie Anderson says, if I didn't sweat I would explode.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davebowers:
I don't want to remark on my rotund cross section but as Louie Anderson says, if I didn't sweat I would explode.

Soooo, I better not even try to mention laying on my back so I could "squiggle" up under the left side of the steering wheel so I could change a fuse under the dash and sliding off the dog house and catching my fat gut under the seat for about 1/2 an hour....? 'Got lots of "wiggle exercise"!

[This message has been edited by John & Irene (edited April 25, 2004).]

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
By virtue of my height, weight, age, arthritis and bad back, I don't fit in there too well, either.

After a few times, I removed the driver's seat for under dash access. It is held down with four bolts with nuts underneath. Before reinstalling, I made two bars with 2 holes each and welded a nut over each hole. I then reinstalled the seat with the bolts engaging the welded nuts on the bars. I then mounted the bars to the floor underneath with drywall screws. Now, it is a simple matter of taking out the four bolts to remove the seat. The nuts and bars stay in position for easy reinstallation. Sounds like a lot of trouble, but it makes me smile whenever I don't have to get stuck and thrash around like a salmon on the shore.

The Barth is quieter and more solid without a driver's door, but sometimes they can be handy.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited April 25, 2004).]

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
If yours is the black one in front of Ewing's with the wolf airbrushed on the back, it certainly does need exterior attention.

quote:
Originally posted by Doc & Katie:
Thanks Lee,

I'll undoubtedly need lots of help. The Coach is a 38' built on a Gillig Chassis and has a 3208 Cat and Allison Tranny. The interior is like new but the paint job was done very poorly and will need to be striped and redone. Everything works! Amazing.

Lee,

Thanks for the age comment. Sometimes it feels like I'm a good deal older!

Its great to be aboard and am looking forward to meeting the group.

Doc

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post