Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Barth Owner
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was the Controller for the Kellwood Men's Pants Division. One of our plants was directly across the highway from our house. We built the house and it originally had a cedar shake shingle roof.

Nick

Isn't that a small world. If I remember right, we paid to replace the wood roof in 1991. While the contractor was putting on the new roof, one of the hands stepped through the old roof and we then paid another claim to the hand... Later around 2002, we paid to replace the roof again...hail in Oklahoma.

I remember that I really liked the floorplan of the house....kind of ahead of its time was my thought then...

Did you buy the lot from a Mr. Pratt?

I also remember that in 1967, there used to be a farm on that corner (where Tanglewood addition is). I was about 6 and I remember going to the farm auction...I was waiving to my Dad across the crowd and ended up buying some small something...Dad always kidded me about that....

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
What a bummer! I hate tornadoes, one got my "other Barth" (Cessna 172) and my hangar 3 years ago. Nothing like these monsters of late, only about 100 yards wide but killed a guy 6 miles earlier, wrecked 3 planes and 2 hangars. Hopefully only minimal damage for you. Good luck! (from now on anyway)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeff H
posted Hide Post
K&E
No damage to our place. The coach was in the Dibble/Blanchard area being buffed out. That is the one that got it. Don't know extent of damage yet. Told we could fix it but will take awhile. I know for sure all plasic on top is shot. There is a hole punched thru the roof and the windshields were hit. Sheet metal rained down on it. Will know more later. It is a testament to the Barth that it took it so well. Other rv's there did not fair so well. Will keep you posted. We were heading to the lake next week. Not now...Kids are not happy... I have lived in Oklahoma my entire life. I think these monsters are definately getting bigger. We were way to close to the May 3rd F5, about a half mile north of it. I think the Piedmont one was nearly as big.

Posts: 30 | Location: Oklahoma | Member Since: 01-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought I'd point out something...If you're like me, you're figuring out how expensive to fix etc...If I'm correct, the windshields are common bread truck windshields and the rubber molding is another common item. Check the website and I know I've seen the part numbers. I think they were maybe $250 each...if you have problems, contact me and I have connections in the auto glass fields and help you get them close to cost..

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

I went ahead and called my glass installer about windshields. They had the passenger side glass (730) in stock at $110. They were having problems finding the drivers side (731) but were going to look more and get back.

Picture of Jeff H
posted Hide Post
K&E
Thank you. I don't know yet which one it is or both. Will let you know. Trying to get down there by this weekend to see. Will have to meet with adjuster as well.

Posts: 30 | Location: Oklahoma | Member Since: 01-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
That is interesting..I checked glass around here last week and was told the the driver side is available (about $200) but not the passenger. If you find complete sets that are reasonably priced, let me know. I may not install them for a while but I may need to stockpile them if they are in short supply.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeff H
posted Hide Post
Steve...me first ha ha. Are you still flying. I am licensed but have not been behind the wheel for some time. Wife says I need a million dollar life policy first. She doesn't trust the puddle jumpers. K&E could fix me up. I do miss flying. Have my single and multi. Not instrument or commercial though I have been in some soup a few times.

Picture of Jeff H
posted Hide Post
K&E
Looks like I may need both. Drivers side for sure.

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I am indeed still flying, weather permitting. I got only about 70 hrs this year but I have about 900 total. I have my annual inspection scheduled for this weekend. I am more nervous in heavy auto traffic than in the air. (I don't have or want the instrument rating, I like to look around!)
I had to replace the windshield after my tornado as well as other parts (wing, strut, ailerons, tail, etc.) but it was repairable and looks good as ever, flies straight and true. Hopefully you r Barth will be OK too.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Jeff H
posted Hide Post
Good news the Barth will be back on the road in a couple of weeks. The kids are excited we will be able to camp this year, hopefully by the 4th of July. I have attached a few images of what she went thru. The tornado passed a couple of hundred yards to the south of her. It was rated at an F4 (only one bigger).

posted Hide Post
We're new Barth owners too. this is our first posting, and we just want to say hello.
We have a '91 Breakaway. We are currently looking for new tires for our girl. We didn't realize they would be so hard to find! We have given her our affectionate name of "Bartha". She's a '91, 28 foot, diesel pusher, and we love her.

Tom & Gloria Masters

Posts: 9 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Member Since: 04-22-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Tom & Gloria,

Welcome to the forums! You have purchased one of the finest-built motorhomes in existence. And you have just posted to one of the best MH clubs in the Country.

You will find a lot of information on tires when you do the searches throughout this website. Plenty of cautions, as well, about "new" tires that aren't quite new anymore. And either our Illustrious Leader Bill_NY or our erstwhile compiler of Barth info Nick Cagle will be on soon to ask you to take a picture of your data plate and post it for Nick's records.

We are delighted you have purchased a Barth and have joined us. Look for a wealth of information from many members who are more than willing to share their knowledge and ideas with you.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gloria Masters:
We're new Barth owners too. this is our first posting, and we just want to say hello.
We have a '91 Breakaway. We are currently looking for new tires for our girl. We didn't realize they would be so hard to find! We have given her our affectionate name of "Bartha". She's a '91, 28 foot, diesel pusher, and we love her.

Welcome to the forums! Your coach is probably equipped with 8Rx19.5 tires, and they should be easy to locate.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site Gloria. Smiler

Wow Jeff... that looks pretty scary!!!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post