Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New 1992 30' Breakaway Owner
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of gebeclh
posted
Just wanted to thank all of you out there for making my decisions alot easier in regards to the purchase of our Barth. I have been gleening info from all of you the last couple of years. Thanks to everyone.

We purchased the 1992 30' Breakaway that was listed on the site in Stockbridge Mich. Went out there last Monday, closed the deal, and drove her home. She handles beautifully and is very good on fuel. We are looking forward to many miles of enjoyment.

I am currently going through all the documentation that came with the coach, trying to figure out where everything is, and what switches control what. I know it is there someplace, but I cannot seem to find the on/off switch that controls the water pump. I am a little reluctant to fill the water tank without knowing where this switch is.

Any clues?

What a sophisticated coach!! Now I can appreciate first hand what all of you have been talking about in regards to a high quality, well thought out, first rate coach.

Thanks again to everyone.

------------------
"The Moose Is Loose"

Posts: 16 | Location: Coon Rapids, Mn, USA | Member Since: 04-13-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fraternity!

My '90 Regal has a very standard-looking 12v accessory switch panel above the entry door. There are two switches that affect the water system. One is titled "water pump, " the other "autofill"." The function of the water pump switch is obvious, the autofill switch controls the oft-cursed solenoid valve which, when it is working properly, allows you to fill the tank from your city water hookup without resorting to hoses in the tank, etc..

There are many posts on this website about autofill malfunctions. Mine flowed water into the tank regardless of switch position until I cycled it on and off a half-dozen times. Since then, it has worked fine.

If you don't have a standard accessory switch panel, I can't advise you, but even though Barths show a lot of variation, most accessory functions are pretty standard.

[This message has been edited by olroy (edited May 23, 2005).]

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
If you haven't figured it out yet. Your propane won't work unless you have the CO detector on. Right Eric Herrle??

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gebeclh
posted Hide Post
olroy--Thanks for the info. Above the entrance door their is a Monitor Panel with switches to check propane level, grey water level etc. I'll look closer to see if I missed the water pump and autofill designations.

Dave--I got bit by that one too. Finally found the switch at floor level behind a chair. Lots of gas now.

This is really an adventure trying to figure everything out. Did Barth supply by any chance a "Operators Manual" for the individual coaches they produced?

The coach came with two huge three ring binders full of original equipment brochures and numerous blue prints and wireing diagrams. I have been able to trace most things down so far, but that water pump has stumped me. To obvious I suppose.

I'll check things out later and report back or ask more questions.

------------------
"The Moose Is Loose"

Posts: 16 | Location: Coon Rapids, Mn, USA | Member Since: 04-13-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gebeclh
posted Hide Post
olroy- Found it. Right where you said it was. Can't believe I overlooked it. Will filler up tonight and check for leaks. This coach is in such good shape, it will surprise me if I find any leaks. But then I couldn't find the pump switch either.

What a beautiful coach with great engineering.

Thanks Again!!

------------------
"The Moose Is Loose"

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gebeclh:
Will filler up tonight and check for leaks.

Turn on the pump and listen to it. If it cycles, you have either a leak on the pressure side or an internal leak in the pump.

Another check is to turn the pump on, then off. Several hours later, you should still have a spurt of pressure when a faucet is opened.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gebeclh
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Bill, will let you know what happens.

------------------
"The Moose Is Loose"

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
FYI My 81 Euro has the Water pump rocker switch above the kitchen sink, with nothing to tell you what it is except the light that comes on when the pump is running and goes off when pressure is achieved.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
I went crazy and made my pump so quiet we can hardly hear it. So I had to install a flashing red LED above the switch to let us know the pump is on.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bill h, Let's see, you made it so quiet you can't hear it, yet you installed NOISEY headers? Just like us guys, LOVE THE SOUND OF EXHAUST. hehehe

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smith Brother:
bill h, Let's see, you made it so quiet you can't hear it, yet you installed NOISEY headers? Just like us guys, LOVE THE SOUND OF EXHAUST. hehehe

You should hear the 502 in my boat!

posted Hide Post
I DO. You BAD BOY.

[This message has been edited by Smith Brother (edited May 25, 2005).]

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What did you do to make quite?

Posts: 4 | Location: Pike Rd Alabama | Member Since: 10-28-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Honaker:
What did you do to make quite?

Moved to Tech Talk

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited May 26, 2005).]

posted Hide Post
In addition to the switches above the door, our regency has another pump switch in the bath.
Once the pump shuts off on presure, you should be alright.
Although, you should get an external presure regulator, when in RV parks, as we have experienced, sometime ultra high water presure, that will cause leeks where there are none normaly.( I know that I spelled Presure wrong, but no spell check)
quote:
Originally posted by gebeclh:
Just wanted to thank all of you out there for making my decisions alot easier in regards to the purchase of our Barth. I have been gleening info from all of you the last couple of years. Thanks to everyone.

We purchased the 1992 30' Breakaway that was listed on the site in Stockbridge Mich. Went out there last Monday, closed the deal, and drove her home. She handles beautifully and is very good on fuel. We are looking forward to many miles of enjoyment.

I am currently going through all the documentation that came with the coach, trying to figure out where everything is, and what switches control what. I know it is there someplace, but I cannot seem to find the on/off switch that controls the water pump. I am a little reluctant to fill the water tank without knowing where this switch is.

Any clues?

What a sophisticated coach!! Now I can appreciate first hand what all of you have been talking about in regards to a high quality, well thought out, first rate coach.

Thanks again to everyone.

Posts: 31 | Location: crestline,ohio | Member Since: 02-27-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post