Reply To This Topic

Inheritance
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't think that you can just cut off the converter and run off of straight 12 volt. You will be taking your tv to the repair shop. Been there, done that. Frowner

I think the one he's looking into (see his link) is a 12V version from the factory.

I'm glad you piped in because I wondered about bypassing the converter. Was the one you tried to modify a 12V converter? What did the repair guy say was wrong with the approach? Resistors, limiters, filters???

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Castner
posted Hide Post
I emailed Winegard and got this response:

"The exterior cable TV coax port will block the satellite signal from going through to your Dish receiver. You will need to have an exterior satellite port installed to connect the Carry Out to, or you will have to run the coax or coaxes through your window or door to access your Dish receiver."

Apparently the signal booster in or near the antenna (or behind the front TV) will not let the satellite signal pass through. I found detailed instructions how to modify the wall plate to allow use of the existing standard coax. I don't know how to attach a PDF file here or I would attach the modification instructions.

Needless to say, I don't want to pull new coax through the coach and I don't want to run coax in through the window.

1989 Regal 34’
Side entry, floor plan A
Spartan chassis
Cummins 6CTA – 8.3 L with 240 HP
Cummins pusher
Allison transmission MT 643
Onan generator
8808-3555-34RDS-A

Posts: 83 | Location: Cedarburg, WI | Member Since: 09-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Castner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sloop John B:
Steve I think you need to plan on coming to the GTG at the Elkhart Indiana Fair grounds this coming spring,Rusty, Nick, Bill and other will be glad to look over your Barth. You can travel to the salvage yards and overstock warehouses in the area to do your Barth up right for the right price. The food will be great, the stories many, the BARTH employees are helpful, the owners are great people. Soooo sign up ,the only cost is for your campimg spot, no fees ever. We would all like to see your progress and help you to have a great Barth. All who travel are not lost. JKB Smiler

I would like to do that. I'm and old Indiana boy. Just need to get my act together.

1989 Regal 34’
Side entry, floor plan A
Spartan chassis
Cummins pusher
Onan generator
8808-3555-34RDS-A

Posts: 83 | Location: Cedarburg, WI | Member Since: 09-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve Castner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Castner:
9. Passageway skylight was cracking around the flange and screw holes. New skylight on the way.

I need to replace my skylight covers also. What size are yours and where did you find replacements?

Thanks,

Nick

My replacement will be $140. That was the exterior only because my interior frame did not need replacement. I will ask the shop where they are getting it. Dimensions are about 18" x 30" (a guess). Here is one source on the internet: http://www.rvskylights.net/index.htm. The shop was trying to talk me out of replacing it, but after they got it off the roof they found lots of cracks around the mounting screws as I expected. I thought it would have been not so great if a trip was ruined when a $140 skylight blew off.

1989 Regal 34’
Side entry, floor plan A
Spartan chassis
Cummins pusher
Onan generator
8808-3555-34RDS-A