Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Vin#
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have a 1988 40' Barth Pusher and can not find the vin # . I did find a plate over the driver seat that is screwed on but DMV will not take that vin alone. They want to see 2 vin's and one must be rivited or stamped on the frame.. Any help would be great!

Posts: 4 | Location: Mesa Arizona USA | Member Since: 02-09-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. When I took my '92 Breakaway to the DMV and showed them the VIN# on the plate attached to the inside of the front generator access door, they wanted to see the plate above the driver's seat. On the Spartan chassis ( at least on the one I have) Spartan provides the VIN# plus other data about the unit on a plate attached to the inside of the generator door, and yours could be there also, or on the inside of an access door to the engine compartment. If you would identify the chassis manufacturer, perhaps someone with the same chassis will respond to you more specifically.

Posts: 35 | Location: Buffalo, MO USA | Member Since: 09-11-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's on a Gillig Chassis and has a Cat 3208

[This message has been edited by Jimbow1098 (edited February 10, 2005).]

Posts: 4 | Location: Mesa Arizona USA | Member Since: 02-09-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talked to Gillig and they said they stamp all frames on the driver side just behind the front axle. Well this one is not stamped but I did find a Gillig decal under 1/4" of undercoating which has the Vin. and it was just in front of the front axle.