Forums    General Discussions    remember when ...
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

remember when ...
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
Here is a web site that I think some of you will enjoy...

http://www.thestatenislandboys.com/U_thrill_me/

------------------
Russell and Donna
1988 33' Barth Regal
Gibson Exhaust, Bilsteins, ipd sway bar

[This message has been edited by kc_rusty (edited March 23, 2005).]

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Russ and Donna, that was Grrraaat (Tony the Tiger)man, very single one of these applied to me. This was exacly my generation, (b.1948).

One thing I read but never even thought about is that I played Little League all the way through Babe Ruth and Pony League I think I was 16 when I quit playing. I bet my parent never went to more than a couple games. I had to ride my bike, like miles, to get to practice and games, When my son was in traveling soccer, I not only went to every game I think I took him to every practice too. Crazy huh?

My MOM? chocolate chip cookies and green Kool-Aid under the willow tree in the back yard at 1339 Chaffey Court, Ontario, CA

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
Great stuff Russell and Donna
Like Dave I'm from same generation and boy does that bring back memories! ----candy cigarrettes, eating Kool-Aid powder, $.15 Mac burgers!! Where have all those in-between years gone??

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
1947 vintage myself.
Used to get 25 cents to go to the Saturday afternoon matinee when we where 12 or so.
15 cents to get in and 10 cents for popcorn. The popcorn came in a box which you saved till the end of the movie. We flattened out the box and fired it at the sceen like a frisbee as "THE END" appeared. It was a blizzard of popcorn boxes for a few seconds.
Went to the movies and saw "Beyond the Sea" with Kevin Spacey last month. It's the Bobby Darin story and was worth the $25 it cost. With popcorn!!
Great music and a Really, Really good movie.
Don

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Sheesh! You kids. Now when I was a boy, two bits got you a movie - and popcorn or a popsicle - with a dime left over for a 16" Comet model plane kit. But you had to wait until next week to buy the glue to put it together.

In 1947, I was in the Army in the Far East, enjoying brand name smokes at 65 cents a carton, gas for my war surplus jeep was 10 cents a gallon at the PX gas station, and booze was two bits a shot at the EM club. Of course, my pay as a T5 was about $50.00 a month, and I was only able to buy the jeep as the result of a particularly lucrative crap game.

At today's prices, I'm glad I don't smoke any more. I never was much of a drinker, but I sure go through a lot of gasoline.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
Oh boy Roy ,it feels great to be so YOUNG!! and a kid again. Anyway prices very similar except for the model plane LOL

Don: Beyond the Sea--great movie -- a blast from the past !

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
All of the above is very true. I concur with Olroy,and if you want to know why,let me tell you. I'm older than Olroy. Who's your daddy now????..............carl

THE TOY 88 33'Regal SE Coach #3448

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post